Hiv

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trace67

Reaction score
Hi every one,
A quetion came up in my VCTC lesson on Tuesday. What do you do if a client has HIV ???:?:

We're not performing surgery are we? I would do them and make the client feel good about themselves! I would also be very careful when filing and I would probably wear gloves! HTH's

Totally agree I would do them, Just take care not to cut the client with any files. If so bin them afterwards.

I would definatly ware gloves but I would make the client comfortable about having their nails done too. Any files used on them would be thrown away as a precaution, but I don't think I would make a big deal of that infront of the customer.

As long as your working safely for them, yourself and the rest of your clients I would be happy to treat them like any other client.

Hope this helps
Jules:hug:

If ever I have cut anybody, I have thrown the file anyway!

Why wear gloves, it doesn't pass through holding hands? If they had a cut then yes, maybe...but is it really necessary?

I totally agree, me and my other half had a long discussion this morning about this and I would do the same.
Just wanted to now what other people think

When I was registering with the Council for permanent makeup this cropped up. The Council Inspector (who although a little up her own backside was pretty helpful) said that someone with such a disease/ illness may not inform you of it if they think you may not proceed with the treatment so you must proceed with caution at ALL times, following the guidance laid down by the Health and Safety at Work Act.

However under RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995) you have to inform the local environmental health officer if you have someone in your salon as a client who has a serious contagious disease.

She also advised that as therapists we should have a hepatitis B and tetanus jab.

Thanks for that one. It very interesting.

Latest posts

Back