Horror films

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and my bf went to see evil dead last week. Went gold class and paid extra for the recliners but I couldn't relax , sat with my fists clenched all the way through!! Lol x

I love a good horror , but I forget they are not real ! I went to saw alive at Thorpe park and forgot it was real I was so scared never will I go in there again has anyone else been there ? X

I had to be let out by the actor in the pig mask in the grill bit as I was so hysterical. My boyfriend found it hilarious. Xx

I love horror films , scare myself stupid but love em , i dont often get freaked out but we watched one a while back called "the pact " omfg ... I slept with the lamp on was totally freaked out lol it totally messes with yer head
, love anything gory am quite weird like that , lol

The descent.
i love horror films but i literally s**t out my own spine at that one! and the remake of the Hills Have Eyes really disturbed me :Scared:
the only time i have ever shouted out loud in the cinema was during Jurassic Park when the kids are hiding in the vent in the kitchen and the raptor thingy jumps up at them...i never really lived that one down...but i was asked to be quiet in Cineworld for laughing( proper snorting choking Muttley style laughter) so much during Drag Me To Hell, that old woman 'gumming' the girl in the car hahahaha xxx

Imagine how I felt the first time I saw it. My humsbums was on a caving weekend, and unbeknown to me they decided to come home early because it was raining too hard and it was dangerous in the caves with such a spurt of rainfall.
His phone had run out of battery so he didn't call to let me know, and he crept into bed at about 1 in the morning, trying not to wake me.
I screamed and screamed and screamed!
He had to put his hand over my mouth for fear that the neighbours would think he was trying to kill me!

I think I am ALLERGIC to horror films, haha.

In the past few months I have started at the old classics to try to desensitise myself. I first bought Carrie, as I'm familiar with the story via the book. I REALLY enjoyed it, and wasn't scared as there's a lot of empathy involved with the main character. My Fiance watched it with me, as he's a huge horror geek and has seen a lot of nasty films. However Carrie had him biting his nails during, and up at night. Haha!

I also recently watched the Shining, which I found a bit scary. Particularly as my name is Dani, so it was rather creepy hearing "Come play with us Danny". I also watched The Exorcist a couple weeks ago. I wasn't too scared, but found it quite unpleasant.

With regards to more modern films.... Silent Hill... Will ALWAYS stay with me. I'm a rational adult but that film... Seriously...

I've just seen the trailer for "The Conjuring" OMG!!! :eek:

Its 'based on true events'!!!

All my friends love watching scary movies with me as I am, apparently, the comedy factor! I scream at nothing and have been known to start a Mexican wave of screams at the cinema. My children take after me - I scream, they scream, I scream....and that's during the opening credits.

I am a wuss!

Last edited:
When the lights went out, is a good movie based on true events of the Maynard family from yorkshire in the 70s with a poltergeist, it came out end of last year and the film maker bought the original house and had a premier type thing of the movie in it and apparently the poltergeist is back since! :eek:

When the lights went out, is a good movie based on true events of the Maynard family from yorkshire in the 70s with a poltergeist, it came out end of last year and the film maker bought the original house and had a premier type thing of the movie in it and apparently the poltergeist is back since! :eek:

I just read the synopsis about this film...sounds like my kinda film, and as its not all 'Hollywood', I'd imagine it would be much scarier without CGI monsters! :twisted: ruining it.

My boyfriend thought it would be funny to while I was asleep rein act the scene with the bed covers been ripped off!

I tell you now I S**t my pants! I thought I was going to have a heart attack! I was screaming. I still now years later sleep wit the duvet tucked in under and around my legs haha

If you think that's bad, watch this video of someone scaring his girlfriends by re-enacting The Ring:

Man terrifies sleeping girlfriend with 'Ring' ghost prank - watch video - Odd News - Digital Spy

Years ago I went to watch an English horror film called "long time dead" it scared the living s*** out of me!! I couldn't go home for 2 days & slept in my friends sofa!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to love watching scary films when i was a teenager, i mer my husband who loved to watch them too, but as i have gotten older i cant do it anymore!! He's always moaning at me because he wants to watch something with me! I remember watching mirrors with kiefer sutherland and i couldn't bare to look in any of the mirrors in the house all night, it was so ridiculous! After watching paranormal activity i made my husband sleep on my side of the bed, which is nearer the door incase i got pulled out of bed lol

We've got a film ready to watch called VHS apparently it's been banned in the uk because its so scary!!
Iv watched the trailer and one of the reviews says "so scary it made audiences sick!!!!"

😳

I just read the synopsis about this film...sounds like my kinda film, and as its not all 'Hollywood', I'd imagine it would be much scarier without CGI monsters! :twisted: ruining it.

It's really good, iv been reading the newspaper reports and stuff about it, the house is still standing........:twisted:

I used to watch horrors all the time when I was younger. My boyfriend will not watch them so I dont anymore. The ones that scared me the most are the halloween ones. The mask scares me so much. After I used to watch them I used to think he was behind me or I might see his reflection in a window.

We watched a film called vacancy about a motel. That scared the crap out of me. At one point of the film the killers were banging down the door and our back window started banging. I have never been so scared in my life. We switched it off and looked out and no one was there. We both heard it so we wasn't imagining it. We watched the end of the film the next day in the daylight haha.

I watched the texas chainsaw massacre in the cinema when I was about 16. I will never watch a horror in a cinema again. Nearly needed a change of pants.

The last horror film I watched was case 39 which was horrible. That was about 2 years ago though. Im not made for horrors anymore. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back