How do you cancel with a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done for standing your ground and dealing with her so nicely, don't let her tears get to you manipulative people can and do use this tactic to their advantage normally very sucessfully. You have offloaded a hassle you don't need and you don't need to give her another thought.

Rose143 said:
Prepare to have your ears spoken off on Tuesday when I see you :hug:xxxx

I will have your coffee ready and waiting, and ears set to receive :lol:

Good for you Rose, if she didn't have the cash for today then neither would her cheque have cleared. Flippin' cheek - here, she's not related to the old lady Angie (nailstyle) had is she? Sound like they are all trying it on at the moment wanting cheap and free treatments.

Right I'm just off to Sainsbury's, gonna ask them if I can pay next week!!!!! ... get my point?!

dont feel bad, youre not the selfish one here. if that lady could afford the treatment, paying cash would be no problem. all she has to do is drop by at a cash machine, so chances are there wont be any money in her account to cover the cheque either.
expecting you to perform the service and then pay for it sometime next week is what i call selfish.:irked:

You did well Rose. This has given you experience so at least you will know how to handle the situation should it happen again. Everone else is right, broke people don't go around treating themselves to facials and nail enhancements. xx

Sassy Hassy said:
Good for you Rose, if she didn't have the cash for today then neither would her cheque have cleared. Flippin' cheek - here, she's not related to the old lady Angie (nailstyle) had is she? Sound like they are all trying it on at the moment wanting cheap and free treatments.

Right I'm just off to Sainsbury's, gonna ask them if I can pay next week!!!!! ... get my point?!

PMSL!!!!!!! You are such a character!!!! I was wondering if they were related actually, Angie's one seems to have been in the game for much longer whereas mine could be her student!!!!

xxxx

Thanks again for your support everybody, not feeling so bad anymore, I can't belive it, I should have come back onto the site sooner and I could have saved myself the headache and cry this morning :smack:

xxxx

well im pleased you have stopped feeling guilty. I bet she will book in with someone else and try the same trick lol better warn other geeks in your area!

Rose don't feel bad honey

... IT'S ONLY A FACIAL. How can some people think it's the end of the world if they don't have a facial!!!???? and a facial is not a miracle cure for depression. (and i've suffered from depression and the last thing you worry about is whether someone's coming round to give you facial!) this woman is blatantly taking the mick. she's using her crocodile tears to manipulate you.

honey, some people are out for all they can get!!!

next time, tell them your insurance doesn't cover it (this is always a good excuse to have to hand) and yes, banks charge for bounced cheques, so even if the bank sorts it out you should never be embarrased to tell someone their cheque bounced and you were/could have been charged. it's down to them to be embarrassed, not you hun. you're not a charity after all, you're a business she wouldn't walk into a salon and say "can i pay you tomorrow?" would she. NO. because she's knows what they'd say. i think when we work from home some people think they can take us for a ride.

I don't think you should feel bad at all. in fact, feel glad you got rid.

xxx

Ahh Rose, you sound as if you really have been messed around by this stupid woman getting to you, and getting you all upset.:hug:

Forget about her, and dont forget you have every right to refuse your treatments to anyone....that goes for if they are bad payers.
Businesses are hard enough to run without the headache of strange clients.

Move on, you did exactly the right thing. Dont cry and dont let her get to you.

Here for you if you want to pm anytime!

aaw, rose hun, please dont be sad! your one of the smiliest people ive ever met! please dont let this woman get to you, im so sure your good clients outweigh the bad.

hope your feeling better soon hun,

Im sending lots of hugs x x x x x x

Hi
You did say a cheque bounced, didnt you, well there is your excuse. If she cannot pay cash then you are unable to carry out your services on her due to the problem with her last cheque.
Good luck:smack:

wondernail said:
Ahh Rose, you sound as if you really have been messed around by this stupid woman getting to you, and getting you all upset.:hug:

Forget about her, and dont forget you have every right to refuse your treatments to anyone....that goes for if they are bad payers.
Businesses are hard enough to run without the headache of strange clients.

Move on, you did exactly the right thing. Dont cry and dont let her get to you.

Here for you if you want to pm anytime!

Thanks Ang, very kind of you. I was really upset but I'm okay now, think her crocodile tears did get to me, I'm such a softy really under all my assertivness!!

xxxx

holliejayne said:
aaw, rose hun, please dont be sad! your one of the smiliest people ive ever met! please dont let this woman get to you, im so sure your good clients outweigh the bad.

hope your feeling better soon hun,

Im sending lots of hugs x x x x x x

Hi Hollie,

Yes my good clients do outweigh the bad and I am very lucky, I've got clients every week that I cannot wait to see, it's not a job to me it's just plain old catch up that I get paid for :D

xxxx

Latest posts

Back