How Far Can You Go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Hi,

was just wondering, how far can one go in the nail and beauty industry? What is the ultimate goal? Is it to own your own salon/chain of salons, write books, become an educator, etc?

Mine is to be an educator!!!!

Tilly Ann xx

Mine is to own a really famous chain of salons and to marry Leighton Denny, live in a big house with lots of kids, etc, etc.

But we all know that is imposible and would never ever happen!

Hello

I think i too would like to become an educator but i wouldnt know where to start! I think i would also like to have my own very successful chain of salons. Oh what the heck, i want it all!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

susie said:
Hello

I think i too would like to become an educator but i wouldnt know where to start! I think i would also like to have my own very successful chain of salons. Oh what the heck, i want it all!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hehe, sounds like me. I would love to be an educator but it's difficult to get into. I would also love to have a chain of salons. It'd be nice to retire at 30!

I'm happy with what I've got, I have a salon which I enjoy working in & nice staff. I don't earn a fortune but I'm comfortable. I would like to open a second salon in a few years but I don't think I'd be able to run a large chain as I like to be hands-on. I don't think I really know what I want to aim for. Just to be good at what I do.

I would just be happy to be able to put some great nails on and have a few clients.

I am sure once I am at this stage I will want a little more but for now I am not looking too far into the future, just enjoying the journey.

Caz xxx

Pmsl
vic1082 said:
Mine is to own a really famous chain of salons and to marry Leighton Denny, live in a big house with lots of kids, etc, etc.

I too would like to be an educator! i would find it so rewarding to be able to give something back to the industry.

I was once a PA for a laddie who was wanting to run a beauty school and training center, however i was the one that had to go and do the NVQ assessors training and beg for all the funding through educational support, Charitable trusts, business link funding etc, Wow was it hard work, looking back at it,... it was well over my head, i didn't have any idea at the time no one to point me in the right direction no help and felt like i was going round and round.
This laddie was shall we say was not interested at all in supplying any form of education, just the funding i later found out. (ouch)! We live and learn.

But it has not put me off...... i luuuurve this industry! onward and upward all the way.

I think i would like to teach, but that would be a long way off.

caz3 said:
I would just be happy to be able to put some great nails on and have a few clients.

I am sure once I am at this stage I will want a little more but for now I am not looking too far into the future, just enjoying the journey.

Caz xxx

My thoughts exactly.

I'd like to get to a level, where i don't get fased by anything. Be it problem nail shapes, rebalancing, smile lines etc...

Only been doing L&P for just over a year now, and already the improvements are amazing and i love doing nails more now than when i started.

Like you Caz, just enjoying the journey!!!

I would love to have my own chain of very successful salons, be very well known for the wonderfulness of my nails(!) have some celebrities as my clients, win a few competitions, um.... have i missed anything out?(living in a dream world?)

oh yeah if i cant have that i just want to be the best i can be, happy, knowing that the clients i do have come to me as their 1st choice. not because they cant get in anywhere else.

Latest posts

Back