How to decide on which brand to use - Gelish or Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with Gelish bought the lamp and starter kit and its great! I wanted to use the complete system to ensure great results. Gelish has a great range of colours too!

For me the brand choice came down to the ease of removal. I only work on natural nails and need a product that can be removed without filing. Shellac has been great. I will say that the CND lamp is not the best. I have had to replace a few in my shop after just a year. The plugs are wonky.

You can go to Maplins Electrical Store with the power lead & they sell exactly the same one for around £10. I changed my lead & have used my CND lamp for over 4 years.

You can go to Maplins Electrical Store with the power lead & they sell exactly the same one for around £10. I changed my lead & have used my CND lamp for over 4 years.

Think that may be the original UV lamp you are referring to. Either way... we can have problems with the CND lights. Don't accept it... just call S2 (in the UK/IE) and get the issue resolved asap :)

If you can, I would recommend going to Professional Beauty in London at the end of this month (February). Go with naked nails and get as many sample nails from different companies applied on yourself. Keep a note of which product is on which finger, make notes on how they are applied and the ease etc. look at their colour range prices etc. Then keep them on for two weeks and see which one you think fairs the best in terms of shine, non chipping etc. Remove them one at a time keeping notes of how easily they remove. You will then be much more knowledgeable about which product you prefer. I did this years ago when gel polish first appeared on the market, it was the best bit of research possible for me. Unfortunately, OPI GelColor was not available then, which is what I use mainly now.
Great Advice there!! Thanks x I have been thinking of taking on a gel polish-have worked with Shellac/Entity but as its now my own business was looking around! Going to Scottish Beauty next month and will do exactly as you suggested! Cheers xx

Latest posts

Back