How to get light violet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agitta

Reaction score
I have a client with natural base 3, thick hair. She want to have slice put on her fringe. I did strand test on the pre bleached hair on the orange undercoat with 55/66 and 6% b, then I did 0/66 with 6% both results were in my opinion too dark. What mix should I use? Thanks

Can't you Pre lighten and use a crazy colour or lariche direction.

0/66 can't be used on it's own, if you do manage to lift a base 3 up enough to get it light enough to put the purple on it will fade rapidly.

I think violet slices in dark base 3 hair would not show up very well at all.
I would advice her to have the whole fringe done.

You could opt for red slices instead. Majicontrast magenta red is excellent for slices. Especially in a long fringe. :biggrin:

Thanks guys. I am working only with wella colour at the moment so trying to get results using this range. On the koleston colour chart it says that special mix can be used with peroxide only, so I am asuming that needs to be paced on prelighten hair, maybe dry as well....:confused:

Thanks guys. I am working only with wella colour at the moment so trying to get results using this range. On the koleston colour chart it says that special mix can be used with peroxide only, so I am asuming that needs to be paced on prelighten hair, maybe dry as well....:confused:

Ignore what it says on the chart. Honestly, experience is the best teacher. The voice of experience on this thread stated:

0/66 can't be used on it's own, if you do manage to lift a base 3 up enough to get it light enough to put the purple on it will fade rapidly.

and he/she is absolutely right in my opinion.

Sometimes you need to move out of a range you're comfortable with to find the tools you want.

Revlon make a fabulous purple that lifts to bright purple, even on previously tinted hair. You simply mix with developer, apply under heat for 15 minutes and you're done. It's called Revlonissimo Cromatics C20. It would save you a lot of hassle. ;)

If you can't get hold of Revlonissimo, someone else in this thread already suggested you try Maji.Contrast Magenta Red, and I'd say that would be your best second option. It's a lovely purpley red that works like Revlon Cromatics.

If you really must use Wella, you should look at their Magma range instead of Koleston. Cost wise though, you're better off with the above 2 suggestions (unless you have 20 clients who want this purple).

Best of luck!

:)

Latest posts

Back