How to take off Bluesky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it crystal g falls into the same bracket as bluesky then? Would you say to stay away from that? Their range of glitters and colours is really good

I would say that, unlike BS and CCO, Crystal G does not copy the graphic identity of a known brand. The bottle shape seems to be the same as CND Shellac, but the bottles are black, say Grystal G, have a view of the color, and do not use the same color names. So I would argue that it is not a counterfeit brand. I would, however, also argue that it is not a professional brand - it is available to anyone on eBay, does not advertise in professional media, does not provide supporting products, and does not provide MSDS (very important), education or training, customer support, or marketing support. I believe it is also manufactured in China, so animal testing may be an issue.

I know that some techs feel that as long as the client is happy, none of this matters. I feel somewhat differently about this. While obviously customer satisfaction is paramount, there are important other considerations, not the least of which is the impact on the profession. I think we all share the goal of having our work perceived as professional. Using products that do not support the profession undermines all of us slowly but surely. It impacts the services companies make available to us, and it impacts the public's perception of us. The difference in cost per service from expensive products to the cheapest is only pennies, so I wonder what we are really saving when we use non-professional products, and what it really costs us.

Last edited:
10 pounds! Wow that is some serious undercutting [emoji20].
The issue is customers don't know the difference often. Same as they don't know the difference and use NSS places.
Many world care if they know. Makes it so hard for those using professional products to make a living.

I'm just in the process of setting up as a mobile nail technician. Currently only have about 5 colours of cnd shellac but im finding it pretty expensive to increase my range to the size I want. I'm wanting to offer a professional high quality service though, any suggestions on the brands I could use for colour? I'm offering acrylic and gel extensions and overlays too

I'm not worried about undercutting because I am happy that I am using quality products.
I will always go quality over quantity and will never cut corners just to gain a few customers.
They would need to do "10 customers to my 4"..as price per service, is probably only pennies anyway.
They would obviously need to buy more product to cater for the "masses", shall we say, but I'm providing a quality service that sells itself.
Each to their own I suppose.

10 pounds! Wow that is some serious undercutting [emoji20].
The issue is customers don't know the difference often. Same as they don't know the difference and use NSS places.
Many world care if they know. Makes it so hard for those using professional products to make a living.
I'm doing fine by charging £10.00 thank you! And I've never once had a client come back unhappy! They know that I'm using a gel and not a shellac because I tell them! I have bluesky and CND there for them to choose from and 90% of the time they will go for bluesky! Their choice I'm not forcing them! I know nail techs in my area that use Barry M varnishes over acrylics and their clients love them,I don't use them personally but as long as the clients are happy I don't really see what the problem is x

The one thing that bothers me a bit is that it's sometimes suggested that shellac nail technicians are professional. I've seen some horrible nails and terrible mistakes from salons using shellac, here in the NL cnd shellac is easy to order online, just as simple as bluesky. I think most of the time it's about the technicians skills and caring about good salon quality than which brand is used, because most damage is done bye the person using the tools.

The one thing that bothers me a bit is that it's sometimes suggested that shellac nail technicians are professional. I've seen some horrible nails and terrible mistakes from salons using shellac, here in the NL cnd shellac is easy to order online, just as simple as bluesky. I think most of the time it's about the technicians skills and caring about good salon quality than which brand is used, because most damage is done bye the person using the tools.

It may be that a nail tech making mistakes but:
Fact - BS is a counterfeit
Fact- there is NO comparison between counterfeit brands and high end brands. CND/Nail Harmony/OPI will ALWAYS be superior.
Fact - BS is not a professional product it never has been and it will never likely be. It doesn't matter how many nail techs use it.

Like a really good Louis Vuitton bag from the market...you might be happy to carry it around because it does the job (even has an extra pocket). But personally I wouldn't.

I fully support all the techs on here saying that BS is counterfeit and inferior. I use CND Shellac myself and it annoys the hell out of me when techs make out there's no difference.

But the truth of the matter is, most clients don't give a damn, they just want a nice colour to stay on and be shiny, and not cost too much.

I fully support all the techs on here saying that BS is counterfeit and inferior. I use CND Shellac myself and it annoys the hell out of me when techs make out there's no difference.

But the truth of the matter is, most clients don't give a damn, they just want a nice colour to stay on and be shiny, and not cost too much.

So true. They don't give a damn - until something goes wrong. Then it's all your fault! : )

Last edited:
Takes me 10 minutes to remove bluesky as long as I use a harsh grit to scratch up the surface good. I use it at home I've never had any problems

It takes me 3 minutes if I just chop their fingers off lol x

I have been a qualified nail tech since 2006 done may many different courses, I have used Bluesky gel polish from bbeauty lounge only on ebay they have a bluesky fbook page as well, and I have had no problems with it, it lasts just as long as more expensive brands and takes about 10-15 mins to soak off, it has just the same coverage as other brands, I know of some educators that use it as well and have no problems with it,

What's the point of being a professional if you use products that are not from a professional company? I really don't get it with all the training we go through and the hours of practicing we do just to buy eBay products. I use Shellac and Gelish and would be embarrassed to offer something that I couldn't guarantee was made with quality ingredients. But maybe that's just me [emoji16][emoji106]

I'm just in the process of setting up as a mobile nail technician. Currently only have about 5 colours of cnd shellac but im finding it pretty expensive to increase my range to the size I want. I'm wanting to offer a professional high quality service though, any suggestions on the brands I could use for colour? I'm offering acrylic and gel extensions and overlays too

Why dont you try Gell II BY La Palm, i converted from Gelish as did other techs who use gelish/shellac etc and some run Gell II alongside their other brands too.

Latest posts

Back