How to take off Bluesky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use cnd and bluesky..and to be honest I prefer bluesky and so do a lot of my clients! It's comes off exactly the same as cnd..I really don't see the problem xx

I use cnd and bluesky..and to be honest I prefer bluesky and so do a lot of my clients! It's comes off exactly the same as cnd..I really don't see the problem xx

What do you prefer about it?
It definitely doesn't come off like shellac ime. Do your clients know it's not a professional and safely tested product and that its counterfeit?

CND Shellac is animal cruelty free and that is an important to many of my clients. So CND Shellac for the win :)

But on the other hand there are so many cheap brands out there, with sparkles, without...thermal gel polishes etc. it is so tempting. And I gave in to the temptation and bought few Crystal G to test it on myself and to be honest results were not bad at all. Applies nicely, pretty easy to soak off. And did i mention sparkles??? :rolleyes: Absolutely in love. And thermal?? How amazing is that? :D My only worries are the stronger smell, ingredients and the fact that products are tested on animals.

All the products, such as, Crystal G, Bluesky, CCO, Elite 99, gelpolish, BlueFox, gdi, Belen etc. are so similar to each other and the packaging is so similar to CND Shellac and Harmony Gelish that I am not surprised that dodgy/cheap nail technicians try and succeed to sell them as a CND or Harmony products. If nail technician sell them as a brand they are then I think it's fine, it's the risk they are taking. ;)

I offer my treatments as higher-end service and I use high-end products, but it is good to know products "out there".

Hi Fee, any beauty product manufactured in China for use on people must by law be tested on an animal before it reaches the public hence the animal cruelty factor.
That's not quite correct. If a product is SOLD in China and not made there, it has to be submitted for possible animal testing.

It can be made in China and sold elsewhere in the world and still be cruelty free.

It says they're not animal tested on the uk supplier page, but there is not a detailed policy there. I would want a bit more of a detailed answer from the company before being happy that they're cruelty free. I'm strict though :)

That's not quite correct. If a product is SOLD in China and not made there, it has to be submitted for possible animal testing.

It can be made in China and sold elsewhere in the world and still be cruelty free.

It says they're not animal tested on the uk supplier page, but there is not a detailed policy there. I would want a bit more of a detailed answer from the company before being happy that they're cruelty free. I'm strict though :)

Actually, it's a bit more complex than that. The legislation is clearly designed to allow Chinese cosmetics companies to compete in the international marketplace, but limits international companies' entrance into the Chinese market. Companies importing into China are still subject to animal testing requirements. The recent (June 2014) change in the law says that "ordinary" cosmetics made in China and sold elsewhere do not have to be tested on animals. There are three issues: 1. whether gel polish will qualify as an ordinary cosmetic; regular nail polish does, but it is unclear whether UV cured products will. 2. the new legislation removes the requirement for animal testing, but many/most companies will continue to test on animals. 3. Although companies no longer have to do animal testing, the Chinese government still carries out post-market animal testing of cosmetic products. So although this opens the door to allow Chinese companies to be cruelty-free, it does not mean that they are.

Here's a couple of good links with information:
http://www.hsi.org/assets/pdfs/bcf_china_cosmetics.pdf
http://qz.com/243016/how-these-cosm...g-their-cruelty-free-claims-to-sell-in-china/
http://www.chinalawblog.com/2014/07/china-cosmetics-from-overseas-animal-testing-required.html

Last edited:
Actually, it's a bit more complex than that. The recent (June 2014) change in the law says that "ordinary" cosmetics made in China and sold elsewhere do not have to be tested on animals. There are three issues: 1. whether gel polish will qualify as an ordinary cosmetic; regular nail polish does, but it is unclear whether UV cured products will. 2. the new legislation removes the requirement for animal testing, but many/most companies will continue to test on animals. 3. Although companies no longer have to do animal testing, the Chinese government still carries out post-market animal testing of cosmetic products.
Yes there's been a bit of a change lately. However, it's not the cosmetics made in china and sold elsewhere that have to be tested. It's cosmetics made elsewhere and sold in china.

Any cosmetics can be made in china and be cruelty free. Which is why brands like l'oreal and estee lauder cannot call themselves cruelty free. But brands like makeup geek who manufacture in china but do not sell there are cruelty free.

Yes there's been a bit of a change lately. However, it's not the cosmetics made in china and sold elsewhere that have to be tested. It's cosmetics made elsewhere and sold in china.

Any cosmetics can be made in china and be cruelty free. Which is why brands like l'oreal and estee lauder cannot call themselves cruelty free. But brands like makeup geek who manufacture in china but do not sell there are cruelty free.

I believe that is what I said. But it is important to note that although Chinese companies no longer have to do animal testing, the Chinese government still does it with their products. So you have to be clear, although the company may be cruelty-free, their products are still tested on animals, just not by them. Again, you might want to check the specifics as they relate to your product.

Sorry, I think I misread your original post.

But yes, this is why I always ask a few more questions than 'are you cruelty free' when looking into buying a new (to me) brand. I've been caught out before when they've gone on about being cruelty free but neglected to mention that they sell in China where they are required to submit to mandatory tests. Also, I've had people swear blind at me that L'Oreal and Rimmell are cruelty free, but you just need to look down a few lines in their testing policies to see that they are not. Companies are great at using fancy words to distract people!

What do you prefer about it?
It definitely doesn't come off like shellac ime. Do your clients know it's not a professional and safely tested product and that its counterfeit?
I think it's comes off the same,I personally bought the bluesky for my own nails to start with then a lot of clients asked for it! I do explain that it's not shellac ect and they are always happy with them xx

Sorry yes I could have written that more clearly! [emoji4] but its a Chinese company, produced and sold in China so it's not for me ️xx

Sorry yes I could have written that more clearly! [emoji4] but its a Chinese company, produced and sold in China so it's not for me ️xx

Let me be clear that my objection to BS and CCO is not that they are Chinese brands. I work a great deal in China and there are a couple of Chinese brands that I like a lot. My concern about these brands is that they are counterfeit.

Let me be clear that my objection to BS and CCO is not that they are Chinese brands. I work a great deal in China and there are a couple of Chinese brands that I like a lot. My concern about these brands is that they are counterfeit.
But now they are very clear they are not shellac right? Copying other brands is something all companies do, remember the mineral powder make-up? Now here in the NL Micelair Water is brought to the market by Garnier, now all the brands are selling the same product.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's not ok that bluesky started simply copying the shellac name and look, but here in the NL it is a brand on it's own, everybody knows it's not a CND product. If a salon claims to do shellac and uses bluesky ore another brand instead I think that's terrible, but that's more a salon problem, not about the product. I know a lot of salons that use top brand products but use all the wrong techniques ore customer service.

But now they are very clear they are not shellac right? Copying other brands is something all companies do, remember the mineral powder make-up? Now here in the NL Micelair Water is brought to the market by Garnier, now all the brands are selling the same product.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's not ok that bluesky started simply copying the shellac name and look, but here in the NL it is a brand on it's own, everybody knows it's not a CND product. If a salon claims to do shellac and uses bluesky ore another brand instead I think that's terrible, but that's more a salon problem, not about the product. I know a lot of salons that use top brand products but use all the wrong techniques ore customer service.
You just need to look on the BlueSky official website to see that it still is a counterfeit.
Here:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-06-07-24-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-06-07-24-14.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 147
Oh god not ANOTHER BLUESKY THREAD!! [emoji107][emoji107][emoji30]

What do those who use bluesky charge their customers for gel polish? Out of interest.

What do those who use bluesky charge their customers for gel polish? Out of interest.
Me,I charge £10 for gel xx

Hi guys n gals,

Today I qualify as a CND Shellac tech. I cant wait to get started. My first few customers are relations who are coming from a girl who uses Bluesky. Ive heard horror stories about the stuff. Ideally i would love them to get her to take it off but thats not always possible. Have you any tips or advice? Xx

Hello, what kind of things have you heard?
I personally use IBD but I have used Bluesky in the passed before I qualified and thought it was just as good. But now i just use it for nail art.
Now reading what you have put has made me think twice about even using it for that.

Hello, what kind of things have you heard?
I personally use IBD but I have used Bluesky in the passed before I qualified and thought it was just as good. But now i just use it for nail art.
Now reading what you have put has made me think twice about even using it for that.
Poor quality. If you do a blusky in the searchbar you will see alot of negative feedback. I was told to STEER clear!

I take it crystal g falls into the same bracket as bluesky then? Would you say to stay away from that? Their range of glitters and colours is really good

Latest posts

Back