How to use toner to light hair color, is it possible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eunhee

Reaction score
I've been dyeing my hair with Wella Kolleston 55/66 for half a year now, but, while I absolutely love the color I would like for it to be more on the purple tone.

Next time I dye it, I'll try this cocktail: 55/66 (40ml) + 0/88 (20ml) + 8% (60ml).

But I'm afraid the blue might only make the color even darker... Can I use a toner? And how? And which one? Can I mix it in the cocktail?

Sorry for all the questions... And, by the way, no, my hair has never been bleached. I usually use a high developer to bring out the color. (which only really shows after a few hair washes after i dye it...)

Thank you for any help!!

I've been dyeing my hair with Wella Kolleston 55/66 for half a year now, but, while I absolutely love the color I would like for it to be more on the purple tone.

Next time I dye it, I'll try this cocktail: 55/66 (40ml) + 0/88 (20ml) + 8% (60ml).

But I'm afraid the blue might only make the color even darker... Can I use a toner? And how? And which one? Can I mix it in the cocktail?

Sorry for all the questions... And, by the way, no, my hair has never been bleached. I usually use a high developer to bring out the color. (which only really shows after a few hair washes after i dye it...)

Thank you for any help!!

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Unfortunately, the hair professionals using this forum are not allowed to give detailed technical information or colour forumulas to those who are untrained and unqualified.

Maybe you should visit a local colourist who will be able to give a consultation as well as advice?

You're going on the fastest route to hair breakage using that formula. Stop using professional colouring products and stick with wash in purple colours. Your hair will thank you for it.

Latest posts

Back