I am new at gel nails-any info or tips please share

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Reeves

Sarah
Reaction score
Hi Ladies & Gents, I am new at Gel nails so any info or tips which you may have I would really appreciate it if you would share with me :)

Is there anything in specific that you would like tips/info on?
Is it gel polish that you have trained in? If so, what brand do you use?

Tbh everything and anything, I'm interested in knowing the way others work :)
Yes gel polish, I'm using IBD at the moment! Looking into gelish now I'm earning with it if that makes sense :) x

You want to use clear tips or forms no matter what so your uv light can cure always threw

Thank you.. More tips would be appreciated!
Also let me know your process of doing a gel polish on someone :)

it all depends on the brand of gel you are going to use and what kind of light your using to cure them with

it all depends on the brand of gel you are going to use and what kind of light your using to cure them with

Every brand is different in slight ways when it comes to applying gel polish, but your training should have that covered so stick to what youve been taught x

Did you get training in gel polish, specifically IBD?
I'm confused!! Do you want to know the full procedure? If so, every brand is different, so you are always best getting brand training - if your trained in manicure already, then you should be able to do a conversion course.

to the OP, gel nails and gel polish are not the same thing.

Clear tips need to be used with gel extensions to let the light go all the way through the gel.
You can't apply tips with gel polish, which is what your using.

to the OP, gel nails and gel polish are not the same thing.

Clear tips need to be used with gel extensions to let the light go all the way through the gel.
You can't apply tips with gel polish, which is what your using.
I think OP meant 'tips' as in asking for pointers/suggestions on using ibd gel polish. Unless I've missed something, because I'm confused!!

There was advice from another user about using only clear tips or forms, which is obviously no applicable to gel polish only gel nails :)

Thank you.. More tips would be appreciated!
Also let me know your process of doing a gel polish on someone :)

For me,

1. File/cut into desired shape
2. Soak in a bowl for 5 mins
3. Cuticle work (push back and nip away any dead tissue)
4. White block GENTLY
5. Client washes hands
6. Prep with alcohol on a wipe and go over nail beds to remove all germs and grease
7. Use the primer of the base gel you're using
8. Base coat gel and cure
9. 2-3 coats of color curing each layer. Remember to cap the tip and avoid touching cuticle.
10. Top gel coat. My fave is harmony gelish top coat.
11. Remove sticky layer with some alcohol on a wipe

Ta-da :)

That's what I do part from I don't soak in Bowl for 5 mins. Would you suggest I do this?

Thank you for your advice also :) xx

Also I'm using IBD, I done a day course about 2 months ago and someone suggest IBD as there reasonable in price to start off with! Imi personally love the brand x

Latest posts

Back