I did my nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissie

Reaction score
Hi all,

After my thread yesterday i did glitter tips on myself, i dont have a camera to put any pictures on yet (sorry), I am not sure if i did them right but i tried to mix the glitter in with the clear but it kinda went wrong (boo hoo ) so wot i did was apply the clear and then the glitter on top and then another coat of clear on top again, Is that right?????????? i nearly had a heart attack when i started to use my white block they went all white and i couldnt see the glitter but then it came back as i buffed them and applied my solar oil, THANK GOD!!!!!!

i got quite alot of glitter on zones two and three by accident how can i avoid this??? My smile lines are not all that either, they are ok though if you dont look too closely.

Lissie x x x x :twisted:

hi hun!!

aww bless you! im sure they look great.

i have done some a couple of times, and i used glitter first on the smile line, the wy id use white, then clear for zone 2 and three and then clear over glitter so you dont buff thru it?

i havent tried your way but might give it a go...did u use clear tips?

xx

did you change monomer and clean your dampen dish between the glitter tips and zones 2 and 3?

plus, don't drag your brush across the tip when you're doing zones 2 and 3, because you can pick glitter.

or-if you're mixing your own glitter, do a thin layer of clear, thin layer of glitter then another thin layer of clear before you do zone 2 and let it fully setup before you start zone 2. that way, if you do drag across the tip, you won't pick anything unwanted up. make sense? this is what i did before i got my ezflow premixed powders.

and i do my smiles first, then finish the tips too

and get a camera! i wanna see *bling*!

looby4444 said:
hi hun!!
aww bless you! im sure they look great.
have done some a couple of times, and i used glitter first on the smile line, the wy id use white, then clear for zone 2 and three and then clear over glitter so you dont buff thru it?
i havent tried your way but might give it a go...did u use clear tips?
xx

Yeah i used clear tips, i am quite chuffed with them considering it was my first go but my zones 2 and 3 are a little lumpy x:)

twinkletoes910 said:
did you change monomer and clean your dampen dish between the glitter tips and zones 2 and 3?

plus, don't drag your brush across the tip when you're doing zones 2 and 3, because you can pick glitter.

or-if you're mixing your own glitter, do a thin layer of clear, thin layer of glitter then another thin layer of clear before you do zone 2 and let it fully setup before you start zone 2. that way, if you do drag across the tip, you won't pick anything unwanted up. make sense? this is what i did before i got my ezflow premixed powders.

and i do my smiles first, then finish the tips too

and get a camera! i wanna see *bling*!

I soon found out that by doing all zone 1s of one hand first works better for me as I was getting glitter on zone 2 and getting all those bits of glitter out of the brush! I'm now using a separate brush and separate monomer just to make sure - seems a bit fandangled but I'm still learning! I'm doing a set of barbierella glitter tips on a friend next week, I'm looking forward to it!!:)

what products are you trained with Lissie?

Fingertips ND said:
what products are you trained with Lissie?

I am trained with Creative.

Lissie x

Suzie.e said:
barbierella glitter tips

what's barbierella? sounds funky pink...

twinkletoes910 said:
what's barbierella? sounds funky pink...

it's nail graphix and yes very funky pink!, gonna practice with it at the weekend.

Latest posts

Back