I start jury service on Monday, anyone else done this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemissm

Reaction score
I start jury service on Monday I'm actually looking forward to it. Has anyone else done it??

I done Jury service about 13 years ago, was really interesting and really pleased I got to do it. There is a lot of waiting about tho xx

I was picked first day for a big case. Ended up being there for nearly 3 weeks.
It was very draining, I often came home and went straight to bed. As there was so much info to take in but that probably being that it was a long case.
It is very interesting though.
Xx

Yes and it was a pain in the bum and very boring,but of course a necessary duty.
I was worried I was going to be picked for a fraud case that they advised would be at least 7 weeks long but they did say if it really is going to cause problems then they will take that into consideration when they pick the jury.
I think I had to do 2 weeks in the end it was a good while ago.I could still work in the evenings and you get expenses and a certain amount loss of earnings.

The only time I have ever been picked I ended up not being able to do it when I got there because my husband was due to give evidence on the same case (in his work capacity!). Coincidence or what?

Id love to do this x

I've been picked for jury service twice now..
Once when I was 19 (jeeze some 22yrs ago) but my son was a tiny baby very poorly in Hosp and about to undergo an operation and liver biopsies.
Second time I was 21 and again unable to do it as my son was very poorly in Hosp with his condition.

I was gutted as I would have loved to have done jury service, maybe I'll get a third time lucky :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did it this time last year. I was hoping for a couple of chilled out weeks reading.

I got picked the first day for a big case and was on for almost three weeks. It was very stressful and traumatic - remember to set aside your feelings and judge the case on evidence only. This can be hard but justice must be done!

Good luck. A lot of people just sat around doing nothing!

Just make sure you photocopy any receipts that you send afterwards to claim your expenses.
They messed all of mine up and I got back less than half of what I was supposed to receive from travel etc :( x

How did you find it today ? X

I had to get them to defer me again at short notice. My friends son was could dead on Sunday so I had to be with my friend so I pleaded with them to let me defer it which luckily they did once they recorded written proof from my friend.

I had to get them to defer me again at short notice. My friends son was could dead on Sunday so I had to be with my friend so I pleaded with them to let me defer it which luckily they did once they recorded written proof from my friend.

Oh goodness :( your poor friend.
I'm glad they deferred it for you but how harrowing for your friend to have to provide written proof of losing her child.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

No, been asked twice. I have always known of witnesses, defendants, etc. a fair few of the judge"lords" I have had their wives as clients but doubt that exempts me, although if you have studied law your also exempt. I have been witness to 2 murder trials as beauty therapist as they found my business card in their belongings. Funny thing was I saw their photos both times flashed up on the telly and never made the connection until the police turned up as they were regulars!

No, been asked twice. I have always known of witnesses, defendants, etc. a fair few of the judge"lords" I have had their wives as clients but doubt that exempts me, although if you have studied law your also exempt. I have been witness to 2 murder trials as beauty therapist as they found my business card in their belongings. Funny thing was I saw their photos both times flashed up on the telly and never made the connection until the police turned up as they were regulars!

Wow x

I did jury service 3 years ago , it was a rape case, took 2 weeks, fascinating, but harrowing and I couldn't cope with the ending of it, took me days to recover.

Luckily I was excused from jury service on the day I was supposed to start. It has been deferred again to feb 2014

About 4 years ago I ended up on a case that lasted 7 months!

iv never done jury did a witness tho always wondered how they do it tho choose peeps to such a thing

Latest posts

Back