IBD chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatCas

Reaction score
Hi guys
Have any of you ever had a problem with IBD chipping? I did a French polish on Sunday using with IBD just gel, I used their whipped cream white for the tip and a pale pink of theirs, can't remember the name off hand, and I have just had photos from a client today with several chips in it, so it only lasted 4 days. I made sure to try and keep my layers nice and thin and sealed the free edge each completely. I'm worried now as I have 2 more French polishes booked in and obviously don't want this happening having just started to invest money in IBD, any advice would be greatly received.
Thanks

Was it just gel or jut gel polish? I've started to add powerbond to the tips now with every client as I've had the same problems. I did a French polish the other week and it lasted nearly 4 weeks! I've also started buying halo polish to see if it's any better or makes a difference.

Was it just gel or jut gel polish? I've started to add powerbond to the tips now with every client as I've had the same problems. I did a French polish the other week and it lasted nearly 4 weeks! I've also started buying halo polish to see if it's any better or makes a difference.
It was just gel polish. I'll have a look into powerbond, do you use it like a base coat? Thanks

It was just gel polish. I'll have a look into powerbond, do you use it like a base coat? Thanks

I always use the powerbond under the base coat as I find without it most clients get chipping and peeling.
It's like a primer.
You apply it after prep and before base coat.

Latest posts

Back