Ideas please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmingbeauty18

Reaction score
Evening all!! I'm looking ahead and preparing myself. I'm hoping to be qualified in hair and beauty next summer and was wondering what people thought to my idea of using a caravan for a home salon. I live up on a family farm so plenty of space I could put a caravan on. But I'm not quite sure about the practicality of it? I'd have access to electricity and water, but not sure how people would portray my new business venture. Any ideas from you lovely lot would be appreciated!! Thank you

I think if it's the right type of caravan then it could be used as an attraction to the business. Where I live a barber uses a caravan for his business.
I'm not sure a modern caravan might be an asset apart from just a room, but a vintage type or an American airstream caravan would look ace.

We go to a few VW camper shows and traders use these instead of a marquee. Add a 50'S vibe and it'll look mint.

Other than that, thinking outside the box... A metal storage container, you can get them in different sizes. And they are secure. People make hones out of them nowadays. Insulated well to keep them warm, be great.

Building on Beckybee's idea, how about a VW Camper which you could also go mobile with some days...
#self contained mobile salon

There are several people who have done this. Caravans, mobile homes, vans, log cabins.

You would need it plumbed in ideally and an electricity supply. There are a lot of options x

Thank you for the ideas!! Like I say I've moved up to my boyfriends farm so plenty of space to put one and can get electricity and water to it no problem. Just decided do I go with option to go mobile with it as well or keep it standing and trade from the one place.

Latest posts

Back