Igora Royal lilac grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicola kenney

Reaction score
hey guys just looking for some help really, on Saturday I'm going to be using Igora royal grey lilac on pre lightened hair, I'm wella trained and never used anything else but loving the Igora grey range so wanting to have a go, so today I went to the wholesalers and got my grey lilac and the lady told me I must mix it with Schwarzkopf bc bomacure? She said equal parts of colour this and 20 vol peroxide on pre lightened hair.. has anyone used this and can tell me if I do use it or not to use it I thought it would dilute the colour but I don't want to go against what she has said and it not come out right I'd really appriciate any comments from anyone that's done this already.. thanks in advance

The grey lilac is gorgeous with 3% I usually just mix a bit of conditioner if you want to dilute it!

Thanks Hun, so I didn't need to buy the colour freeze she told me I must put in x

Why would you take colour advice from the lady in the wholesalers?
She clearly isn't an expert if she's suggesting you mix tint with conditioner and 20vol.

You do need to use their oil based developer and make sure there are no yellow tones before you apply the tint otherwise it will go greeny grey.

Why would I take advice from the woman in the wholesalers? Because the woman in the wholesalers is also a hairdresser!!! I'm only asking for advice if you're going to comment and be bitchy simply don't comment like I said I've never used Igora obviasly I know the yellow tones need to be out of the hair or it will go greeny grey

Hi,

We're looking for similar advice on the grey, would you apply the colour as a toner at the basin or as a all over permanent colour?

Thanks

Hi, I think it depends how deep u want the colour, I'm going to dry it and put it on So u really see the lilac in it, I will post before and after pics tomorrow x

cool thank you will look forward to seeing the outcome.

Hey guys so as I said I would iv uploaded the picture of the grey lilac I did today, I pre lightened the hair first and toned with wella 10/69 I dried and applied the grey lilac to dry hair and this is the out come I'm really happy with it

Attachments

• 49442BC5-849C-4EC9-8090-B78B93973997.jpg
    49442BC5-849C-4EC9-8090-B78B93973997.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 339
Hey guys so as I said I would iv uploaded the picture of the grey lilac I did today, I pre lightened the hair first and toned with wella 10/69 I dried and applied the grey lilac to dry hair and this is the out come I'm really happy with it
Whigh peroxide did your use 6%? I was going to use this colour but it looks much darker than what I imagined. Great colour though well done x

Whigh peroxide did your use 6%? I was going to use this colour but it looks much darker than what I imagined. Great colour though well done x
Hi thank you, I used 3 % on dry hair it takes dark but I think it will fade quite fast with the hair been pre lightened first.. x

The grey series is meant for white hair. It tends to be quite dark on lightened hair which is why they recommend other shades in their range. Turned out very nice though!

The grey series is meant for white hair. It tends to be quite dark on lightened hair which is why they recommend other shades in their range. Turned out very nice though!
Hi, the Igora can be used on lightened hair or non lightened hair if it's light enough naturally it shows u on the colour charts what colour it goes on pre lightened and non lightened.. thanks for ur advice tho

It absolutely can be used on it, but I'm stating what it was designed for.

Why would I take advice from the woman in the wholesalers? Because the woman in the wholesalers is also a hairdresser!!! I'm only asking for advice if you're going to comment and be bitchy simply don't comment like I said I've never used Igora obviasly I know the yellow tones need to be out of the hair or it will go greeny grey
She is lovely and always ready to help in the forum, she isnt bitchy. You have taken her wrong.

Latest posts

Back