infill cheats? and how good are NSI?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
Ok its a 2 in 1 but I'd just like some info and I think the same peeps will probebly have both answers.
I was buying nail tips at my local whole sales and they had this stuff called line out which ( i think ) you aply to any fine lines you still have on a client after you have filed of lifted product, before you apply new product, now I know that if you have a line you haven't quiet removed all your lifted product and no I don't realy want to spend money on this stuff I am just curious as to how it works, if it works and what is it?
On to part 2, A couple of posts have hinted that NSI are not very good products, is this so or is it just preference? what is their training like? Don't get me wrong I love creative but I would love to know who else out there is good and what can they show me that puts a valid but different view point on my fav obsession.

Line out is nothing more than thin adhesive! Do a search and you will learn more about this product.
The question that should concern you is, why is the lifting occurring in the first place?? .. solve this and you will have no need for the likes of 'line out'.

As to the product line ... it is a perfectly adequate middle of the road line. Nothing new or innovative but will do the job.

If you want that extra factor to your nails and longevity and less problems (that most nail techs take for granted as part of doing nails ... wrong) then go for a product line that is top of the line and delivers what it promises.

Sometimes when you are using the best of the best, it is not a bad thing to reinforce your love of the brand by trying something ordinary. If you are anything like a good nail technician, the difference will stand out a mile.

Cheers Gigi, part one er, think I'll pass on 'glueing' lifted product
Part two, problem is the last class I did left me no futher on then I was before. I'm a bit slower then some to catch on to some artistic things and feel I could do with some 121 training, you however are a bit far away please suggest away:idea:

hiya, there is a creative academy in aspley guise near m.k
you can get 1 to 1 there.:cool:

angel fingers said:
hiya, there is a creative academy in aspley guise near m.k
you can get 1 to 1 there.:cool:
cheers hun, only prob is thats where I trained and where I did my sculptured nail day and while I would sing their praises to the roof tops for a bril foundation course, I can not in all honesty say that I got much out of the sculptured day, my lack not theirs, like I said I'm slow at arty stuff, but realy what I need is a different slant on the same thing to get through to me what ever it is that I'm not understanding.:irked:

I have used NSI products before and at the time my budget only allowed their products. I was happy with some things but not others.

I then went to Retention, and I can't sing it's praises enough.

I trained to do glass glazing, Backscratchers, and i thought there was nothing like it...........however i got the Fabric try me kit and i just love the fact that it has the various different grades of resin.

I have to say though that I have trained with 5 or 6 different nail companies and they have had their place, but I am really looking forward to doing the creative training, and joining all you Masters out there!:Love:

Sorry for got to say something, I have yet to try Brisa as i have not had much to do with Gels until now. At the moment I am using Ciate Gel, i find that it is quite good, however i don't really have anything to compare it too.

Has anyone else used Ciate Gel by Accociae Nails? If so how do you find it against other gels?

To date I have only ordered Nail Art products from NSI - very prompt delivery and great customer service.
I have just ordered some of the Elation Clear tips clicky here to try as I liked the sound of them - anyone tried them?
Think its Fingertips ND who is NSI trained - you could try PMing her for more info?
HTH
KxXx

I have tried the elation clear tips, and I have to say that with my personal experience they are sometimeish...............sometimes they split easily, but i don't think i have overfiled or used too higher a grit. They seem to take ages to blend, but then thats on me. I havnt used them on anyone else as yet. I have been using them on the nail trainer.

But i do love the effects with the nail art you can make.

I would like to try the creative tips next but i have to use up my current stock first.

Susie H said:
cheers hun, only prob is thats where I trained and where I did my sculptured nail day and while I would sing their praises to the roof tops for a bril foundation course, I can not in all honesty say that I got much out of the sculptured day, my lack not theirs, like I said I'm slow at arty stuff, but realy what I need is a different slant on the same thing to get through to me what ever it is that I'm not understanding.:irked:
Have you got a copy of Nail Class? It is full of fab tutorials, is available through Geekmart and is a MUST for every nail technician!

Also, why not get another 1-2-1 with a different educator. Call Creative Education HQ and they will help you.

Susie H said:
Cheers Gigi, part one er, think I'll pass on 'gluing' lifted product
Part two, problem is the last class I did left me no further on then I was before. I'm a bit slower then some to catch on to some artistic things and feel I could do with some 121 training, you however are a bit far away please suggest away:idea:

I'm trying to figure out what it is you really want from a class? I do agree that a variety of educators is good for everyone .. as you say, different things click into place with different tutors.
Sounds to me though that you need to revisit some of the very basic things that will prevent lifting for you. Things like prep and application techniques. These are covered extensively in the book Nailclass but if you have that and have worked side by side with it and you are still getting lifting, then you do need to get some guidance on these areas.
I'm sure you are not slow. Different things click into pace at different times with different peeps.
Revisit the basics for y our lifting problems. Nothing will go well for you until you get these problems sorted.

Susie when you do your training courses do you ask loads of questions? I drive my trainers mad as I just keep asking until it clicks. Sometimes it's the silliest things too, but for some reason my brain can't work it out. What this means is the trainer has to keep explaining, but in different ways so that eventually I can understand it, if your trainer can't do this then find another trainer that suits the way you can learn. But keep asking questions, if you don't then the trainer will assume that you have grasped the situation.

once again big thanks to everyone. The book is top of shoping list, can't wait to get my paws on it!:)
Gigi, looking at what I wrote all I can say is, Woops:o Part one of my question realy was idle curiousity about a product I'd never seen or heard of before. Thanks to the tutorials on here and all the threads I have just about got lifting sorted, nails are rock solid and I'm dead chuffed with what I am producing. problem is the other end. I use white tips with clear acrylic for zone 1 or clear tips and glittery acrylic and pink for zones 2&3 Now thats great for a new set and usualy the first infill but then we get to the point where I need to apply white and I'm geting in a mess , from this site I know that I need to work it a bit wetter and yes the hand trainer is a help but, I had hopped that by doing a sculptured nail day I would have sorted my probs. It didn't so next thought is to do a 121 so that some one can look over my shoulder and say THATS what you are doing wrong. Guess I am driving myself barmy by wanting to be perfect when I know full well that perfection takes time and patience.

Latest posts

Back