Insulin Diabetic??? Help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorraineg2004

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just had a potential client on the phone asking if she would be able to have a manicure done.
She told me she is a diabetic and injects insulin.
And asked if our products were suitable for her?
Also would she be able to have the treatment carried out on her cuticles?
New to me?
I told her i would speak to my manager took her phone number and would call her back.
I would be grateful of any feedback if anyone has had the same situation occur before.
If not i will tell her to give her doctor a call to make sure it will be ok.

Thanks in advance

as far as i am aware manicures are fine it is pedicures i would be wary of. My mum has type 2 diabetes and i manicure her regularly with no problems. hth.

Diabetics usually know what is right or wrong for them. From your point of view, the main things to be aware of is the possibility of some loss of scensation due to poor circulation (pain is an early warning system) plus diabetics are usually slow to heal.

There was a thread on here a while ago written by a diabetic who had loads of info. Do a search and see what she says

Hi

My partner is diabetic and takes insulin, i do manicure on him and pedicures but with pedicures you cant use the foot file to remove the hard skin.

Ive had no problems so far the only thing he moans about is that he dosnt get a chance to say no to me and he thinks that it gay for a man.

Latest posts

Back