Insurance query - not allowed to stamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Professional Beauty is the same. It seems than when you really query it with them none of them will cover you for Nail Art if you don't have a certificate. You can get insurance but you take a chance if you do Nail Art. Don' t know what to do!

Professional Beauty is the same. It seems than when you really query it with them none of them will cover you for Nail Art if you don't have a certificate. You can get insurance but you take a chance if you do Nail Art. Don' t know what to do!

Have you tried The Guild?

Have you tried The Guild?

Yes I think I've more or less tried them all. When you ask if they cover nail art they say yes but then if you say do you need a certificate specifically in nail art they say yes you must have trained in it.

I don't believe for a minute an insurance company could peruse an issue with anyone applying a crystal into a sticky coat of shellac....or a polish (yes we are all qualified in polish thank you) design wether it's freehand or stamped....or heaven forbid loose glitter is applied as opposed to pre mixed in a shellac or gel....one stroke is acrylic paint....clients kids are more likely to be covered in it than clients at this rate! this is more like someone in an office (probably one that teaches nail art) has thought it's a money earner from every therapist who strives to be a little bit individual.

Today I had to argue my point after 20 years of lash perming and lifting being told they were different...the roller yes, but I'm sorry the glue, lotions and tints I use are identical luv! same for semi permanent make up...sorry but if you don't employ ex therapists how would you know what else we are talking about?!

Latest posts

Back