Is spray tanning still popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasboutique

Reaction score
Hi girls, I want to do spray tanning course but thinking is it still popular? I think this would be a great time to train in it, as Xmas and new year are coming. Is it one of your popular treatments? Thanks

iv booked my training with nouvatan great customer service 2 xmas fetes booked same week wow the peeps iv asked in area were like kids in a candy shop one is my sons school so health a safety have to checked first also selling raffle tickets for a spray tan the other is a local charity school fete for domestic violence support when asked these they were the same both end of nov just looking round for insurance as i book the course with kit well worth the money

Spray tanning is very popular especially in the summer and the festive/party period.

Low cost profitable treatment.

Laura x

Get your training in before the Xmas parties get started 😜

Laura 🐶 x

I think being spray tanning is something clients expect to be the norm.

However they are my least popular treatment. I offer sienna tans for £20 and I strongly believe this is the best tan having tried them all.

In the current climate there aren't many folk that care about quality...only price and with people offering tans at £10 I'm not going to win. Saying that I also very rarely get asked for them. I do a couple a month, I used to do just tans mobile however and I made a killing xx

Hi girls, I want to do spray tanning course but thinking is it still popular? I think this would be a great time to train in it, as Xmas and new year are coming. Is it one of your popular treatments? Thanks
I see your in the midlands we have 3 trainers in that area, we can have you trained up and earning money within a week :wink2:
We do free beauty guild accredited training with some mobile kits

I think being spray tanning is something clients expect to be the norm.

However they are my least popular treatment. I offer sienna tans for £20 and I strongly believe this is the best tan having tried them all.

In the current climate there aren't many folk that care about quality...only price and with people offering tans at £10 I'm not going to win. Saying that I also very rarely get asked for them. I do a couple a month, I used to do just tans mobile however and I made a killing xx

Yeah that's true people don't really wanna pay for more expensive stuff. How many tans did u use to do a day hun?

I see your in the midlands we have 3 trainers in that area, we can have you trained up and earning money within a week :wink2:

Do you have any trainers in the Liverpool area? It's an idea I'm toying with for my mobile business 😊

That's great, I'm from Nottingham, do you do any training here and. Could u please pm me the price too please, thank you

Last edited:
Definitely popular!! I do between 15-20 tans a week....and I'm just little old me working from home :)

Yes still very popular.
I got certified in April 2012 and got busy come summer but still had a few regulars who didn't want to miss out if parties or weddings through out the year.

id go with these hun customer service .... 100% satisfaction

Yeah that's true people don't really wanna pay for more expensive stuff. How many tans did u use to do a day hun?

Doing mobile mid week I'd do 2-3 then on a Friday is do between 10-15. However doing mobile I found people used to mess around and you'd be there an hour once they have found a plug and somewhere to go. Made my money back in next to no time xx

Doing mobile mid week I'd do 2-3 then on a Friday is do between 10-15. However doing mobile I found people used to mess around and you'd be there an hour once they have found a plug and somewhere to go. Made my money back in next to no time xx

For those doing approx 10 to 15 per week, how much do you charge??

And those doing mobile, how much do you charge too?

I charge the same amount now I'm a home based salon and when I was mobile xxx

£20? I was charging £20 and I do get £20 from regulars, but that's where I struggle. Once I get a customer then they stay with me (normally ;) BUT trying to get them in at £20 is difficult and I would say spray tans are one of my less popular treatments. I'm in Liverpool and it's saturated with beauty and a lot of the girls just use St. Moritz so although I wouldn't say I was struggling, I don't anything like 10 to 15 per week even in peak weeks. *BOOOOOOOOOO*

Even when I offered them at £15 if they were taken as an additional treatment I still didn't shift them. I do have to compete with £7/£10 spray tans being the norm in salons, and whilst I would definitely prefer to have one done at home and pay the difference not everyone else does.

It's a real pain and I have tried NOT to discount but have just taken my prices down to £17 to see if that makes a difference. My husband has said I should have a Spray Tan Thursday offer and do them at £15 and see what happens, mainly out of curiosity to see if there are any takers. If I can't shift them at £15, then that's worrying as I WON'T lower them anymore than that as a petrol on a round trip can cost approx £3 to £6 and I can't understand how ANYONE can make a profit when they start offering mobile treatments at £15 or less.

I made the mistake of starting off at 10 so could get the practice in. It's been hard work getting my prices back up! But charging 10 you make nothing!!! Those who say they do are making very very little, only way I imagine you can I'd if your in a salon and using cheaper solution. My price is now £20 (I am using a higher end solution though) and I run offers at £15 occasionally! Be very careful under pricing because when you want to increase its hard work!x

Spray tanning is my most popular treatment, all year round. Once you've got a good client base it doesn't matter what time of year it is they book for one. Tanning and shellac are my top selling treatments by far

I also charge £20 think that's very reasonable. I'd never charge anything less unless it was a special deal or group booking

Do you have any trainers in the Liverpool area? It's an idea I'm toying with for my mobile business 😊
yes we have trainers in Liverpool we have 26 trainers scattered nationwide. give us a call on 0333 456 4678 and we can give you dates ect

Latest posts

Back