Is this web site sponspored by Creative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeniseAndrews

Reaction score
I understood this was an independent website. It seems that everyone is a Creative 'Geek'. I assume since nothing good is said about anyother system than Creative that they must be sponsoring it.

DeniseAndrews said:
I understood this was an independent website. It seems that everyone is a Creative 'Geek'. I assume since nothing good is said about anyother system than Creative that they must be sponsoring it.
they are the market leader arent they? so I guess the higher the percentage the Creative Techs there willl be??

There are some ExFlow and Star techs on here too..

I used to be OPi, but there service IMO got that pants I walked away - sad but true, as was United Beauty....you live and learn I suppose :wink2:

Hi Denise

Firstly welcome to the Geek Board :green:

The site is most definitely 'owned' by a Creative person, but most definitely not biased to Creative - there are loads of Geeks on here who use every different system available :green:

Anthony Buckley posts regularly - he's most definitely not Creative :lol:

SparklePink posts all the time - she's an educator for EZ Flow

Chocolate (K-sa-ra), Marian Newman (respected author/Nail God) all post regularly too - both of whom have used all brands/systems

If you do a search on any particular brand you will find lots of users and supporters.

Tina

Are they really the market leader? I wonder how accurate that is? I personally find it a crap system.

DeniseAndrews said:
Are they really the market leader? I wonder how accurate that is? I personally find it a crap system.

So what would you recommend instead?

DeniseAndrews said:

Interesting, I have used Star, OPi and Nail ORder and I do much prefer the Creative Rention + now, I like the fact it needs no primer, its creamy texture and its soooo self leveling... which is fab - but hell each to their own...

Why do you find it so crap?

DeniseAndrews said:
Hi Denise

Just wondering what you find not so good about the system to go so far as to call it crap?

I post regularly and don't use any Creative products, I beleive that it's important to make sure there is a fair opinion on all pro products. If no one using any other products logs on then it will seem like a Creative ruled site. This is why on all the product related polls Creative always wins, if you have 100 Creative techs voting and only one IBD tech then OBVIOUSLY Creative will come out as the product leader, a bit on the Biased side of life I feel. There are a few of us other branded techs on this board and we will all try and help out if there is a question to be answered. Just remember that there are loads of products out there and the only way you can decide that you like to use them is by trying them, you can not go by just an OPINION. You will get plenty of those opinions on here, don't let them cloud your view.

Technicians produce fab nails not the products alone, like wise by using a product wont give you the skill alone, that comes from practice.

All the best

Denise, we are happy band of Geekers who use many different products. I do not use Creative products at all, I am an LCN girl through and through. You don't like Creative products and that is your opinion to which you are entitled, so why don't you share with us in your profile which products you use and prefer?

I really don't understand why you have started this thread and then started slating other peoples products. we are all friends on this site and do not slag of each others products - there are only 2 suppliers who have had negative feedback on this site and that has been more down to their underhand marketing tactics, not down to their products.

DeniseAndrews said:
I understand where you are coming from. When I was introduced to this site I was told that although the site was owned by Creative its sole intention was to be a site to assist techs irrespective of what brand/system they used

On the whole it works quite well, but I must admit I too have noticed that a small few seem to use it as nothing more than a selling ground to promote the Creative products/training programme and get highly agitated, as can be seen in some of their responses when products/training that are available from other companies are deemed to be praised or recommended by techs using this site.

Don't be put off by this minority, There are some great professionals and techs who use this site not to promote themselves or their brands but to give experts advise for the benefit of the industry on a whole.

Marianna X

i do not use creative l&p.
maybe the majority on here use cnd ezflow nsi lcn because they are good systems.
and if the majority as you say are creative then it shows that obviously it isnt a crap system

It's so easy, just ignore the bits you don't wish to read...we all have a mind of our own.

If someone asks for advice on a good product, then they will get peoples opinion! The nail lounge loves and raves about IBD, sassy uses LCN, I could go on, but you are not slating them. please don't come on the board to start an arguement, we are generally a happy, helpful bunch, whatever system and products you use.

Hiya,

I'm sure i read somewhere that this site isn't 'sponsored' by Creative. Yes...a lot of the the techs on here do use CND however there are plently of us who don't. It's a case of finding the best system for you. No one on here slates other's choice of system, we use this site to chat and help each other out where we can. Like Cathie said....maybe you could elaborate a little with regards to why you find CND 'crap'. It could be that someone on here could help a little if you have had problems with it. That's what we do here....bounce ideas off each other. I have found it invaluable.

Hi,

I trained with OPI clarite, have also used star nails, ezflow, vf21 the edge and loads of other brands of products. I now use creative products, which i think are fantastic, but i also use ezflow coloured and glitter acrylics. I think that what denise said about creative being crap, is not true, in my opinion. But as its been said each and every one of us have their own oppinions, and i just wonder what system denise uses?
This site is for all nail techs, regardless of what companies products we use, we are all here to help each other and to learn new things from each other.

Michelle

hi all geeks,
i would be lost without this site, mainly for the nail art forum because i am still using the old fashioned fiberglass,lol until i can afford a conversion course to L&P. Although alot of my questions have been answered regarding fiberglass.
zoe

This site is certainly not OWNED or SPONSORED by Creative Nail Design. It is owned by Samuel Sweet - just because he is an employee of Designer Nails who distribute Creative Nail Design products does not equate that the site is sponsored by them.

If you are passionate about your chosen product then you will rave about it. Representatives from other companies have been invited to join this board to support their techs but for some reason they choose not to, with the exception of Anthony Buckley and Jess Marks (Sparklepink) - they are both representatives from EZ Flow.

If you (Denise) are a representative from another company or just have a favourite product then please let us know. Rather than coming on here and slating - would it not be better if you are an experienced tech to come on here to offer some support to less experienced techs.

Don't hide - fill out your profile and be proud of your experience.

Brings to mind that old saying... if you haven't got anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all, eh? :idea:

I don't use cnd products, I use Backscratchers Fibreglass, I've been given invaluable advice from other techs on this site. The information available is fab.

Good things are said about products other than cnd, if you take the time to read the messages thoroughly.

Which system do you use Denise?

Denise I am curious...you slate Creative yet i wonder if you have ever actually had any training with them???? As mentioned maybe fill out yr profile and let us know a bit more about who you are and exactly what training you have done and which products you dont find so 'crap' as you put it!!!...there is advise on this board for every tech no matter which system they use...people go to the trouble of helping each other and we are all open to 'constructive posts'...dont think i need to say anymore

suey said:
It's so easy, just ignore the bits you don't wish to read...we all have a mind of our own.

If someone asks for advice on a good product, then they will get peoples opinion! The nail lounge loves and raves about IBD, sassy uses LCN, I could go on, but you are not slating them. please don't come on the board to start an arguement, we are generally a happy, helpful bunch, whatever system and products you use.
WELL SAID!

I can tell by the very first post who this is and I'm sure the rest of the geeks can too if they have been members for any length of time. It's as clear as glass to me. Same old, same old!! The 2nd post confirms it eh ??

I suggest no one else respond to the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back