Issue with a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killakels61

Reaction score
I have a client who constantly texts me leading up to her appt. she had an appt Tuesday, forgot, rescheduled for weds, and cancelled last minute. She is constantly texting me! If I don't answer in 5 minutes, she sends :(. Losing my mind, and thinking of smashing my phone. What should I say to her?

Block her number. I don't have the time for people that cancel last min or just don't turn up. Even more than that I can't financially afford to have wasted time. I am a business.
As for the messages 😫 I wouldn't reply for about 24 hours just to make my self feel better

First of all what's she now texting about?? If it's to reschedule then I would give her limited options, don't bend over backwards for her. I'd also be tempted to explain that anymore last minute cancellations or no shows will incur a charge as you have lost business. If she doesn't like it no loss. Maybe as well explain you may not answer immediately due to having other clients!

Forgot to also put if she cancels again/forgets just politely tell her you can no longer offer her appointments due to demand! And see ya if she's a repeat offender it's not worth keeping her!

I was going to put a topic on about this too. I have a client that rearranges every appointment every month, she starts off with an appointment first weekend of the month, and then she moves it a few days before for the following week, and this goes on and on until the end of the month. It's hard because she always gives a few days notice so I don't feel I can be overly annoyed because it's not last minute. But she always books my busiest times. I'm going to take the advice above and not bend over backwards from now on. If she txts to rearrange I'm going to be busy for all of my usual busy periods to discourage it. Xx

She messages me about how she's ripping off her nails currently with a "LOL :)'' or "let's go get coffee" or "this nail is bothering me so I'm going to rip it off". Drives me nuts

She messages me about how she's ripping off her nails currently with a "LOL :)'' or "let's go get coffee" or "this nail is bothering me so I'm going to rip it off". Drives me nuts

Oh that would do my head in to! Maybe start been firm with your replies ? Only over solution is to just block and relax!!

I would tell her that the mobile number she has is your work phone and that you often switch it off. This will point out to her that she is a client, not a friend so hopefully comments like "let's get a coffee" will stop.

I would try not to EVER reply to her quickly so she knows you are a busy lady.

You need to set some boundaries with this woman. She sees you as a mate.

Good luck.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok great thinking I will do that 😸

If she cancels last minute, make her wait till her next appointment, she won't do it again, if she does she is a fool....let her be someone else's problem xx

I had a similar client. She'd make her appointment and two days before cancel. After doing this 3 times I suggested she phoned me the week she wanted an appointment and I'd let her know if there were any cancellations as her life was much too busy to fit me in. Waiting to hear from her :)

Snap! Ive a client like this. After not turning up to two apps, then ringing to make another and then cancelling at short notice, i was fed up but did not contact her. She needs me more than i need her! So, she rings again, same crap, can i book an app please... And i told her that yes she could, but not until she prepaid for her treatments. Next day, she called in with her fee and booked an app. If she was a no show, no refund! Well sure enough, she has been turning up ever since! X2 chances is all i give.

I wouldn't block her or start replying late on purpose... Because YOUR reputation is everything in this industry. Even just having a bad reputation from only one client means she will talk about her bad experience to over 10 people who will talk about it to other people and so on...

I would however, as nicely as possible, explain to her that although you understand that she has things that may come up that may cause her to have to reschedule, and that you appreciate her as one of your valued customers - you also are running a business and cannot continuously change your schedule too often and that she must also be respectful of this. And end with telling her you look forward to seeing her again.

Latest posts

Back