Lady with facial hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simone Daly

Reaction score
I have a client who quite literally has a beard. She's so self conscious about it. I remove it using warm wax and it mostly comes away except a few of the really strong course hairs which sometimes bleed when I tweeze them out. She has previously had electrolysis which worked a treat until she had kids now it's a total reversal. I'm wondering is there anything else I can do or product which will soften or slow the growth for her? Or anything which will make the treatment more comfortable for her?

She said someone else did hot wax on her and she hated it. Her skin is quite sensitive.

Sorry just popping over from hair :). Can she not have electrolysis again?

Yes, she totally can but she doesn't seem to want to. Maybe it's a cost thing.

Is she a candidate for laser hair removal? It's quicker and cheaper than electrolysis.

I've not spoken to her about laser hair removal. She may not even know about the advances in tech since she had the electrolysis.

One of my clients got a cream from the Drs that reduces hair growth. X

Depilieve makes a serum you apple after waxing called gold concentrate.
I sell these to clients who have similar issues and the jaw area is hormonal so perhaps after having a baby it takes about 2 years till they settle .

I had clients who have had lazer and after kids their hair grew back on the bikini and underarm so they went for one lazer again and t fell out and didn't come back again, thankfully and her doc she asked said that is quite a common occurrence.

Just reassure her as I sure her self image is quite bruised and it helps knowing other ladies have this problem.

Pic of gold concentrate below
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1492900166.600733.jpg

My dermatologist told me that having a baby basically resets your body in regards to hormones. That's why women who had electrolysis, photolysis or laser before giving birth are almost certainly they'll need it again after.
If it's not a money issue, assure your client that her electrolysis didn't fail or wear off over time. It was her having a baby and her hormones sky-rocketing that did the trick. If she doesn't plan on having any other kids, then any permanent treatment she chooses should work just fine again.
Speaking of which, photolysis is becoming really popular here lately

I kept seeing this post and would hate to be a client described as 'Lady with a beard'
I find it very unprofessional and as a client I'd be horrified if I knew this.

Yes the caption is not professional and for all other ladies who suffer with facial hair will find it hurtful.

If I grew my chin hair I would have a beard [emoji30]

Mine too...never have time for me!!!!

I kept seeing this post and would hate to be a client described as 'Lady with a beard'
I find it very unprofessional and as a client I'd be horrified if I knew this.

The thread title has now been amended.

Please keep it on topic, and the OP should perhaps note that there's always a chance her client could be reading so discretion is key.

Latest posts

Back