Laptop and mobile broadband

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Im wanting to get a laptop and mobile broadband to go and sit in my beauty room with as im finding that when i've got nothing booked in im staying at home to use the computer for business purposes. Im just wondering if anyone has any advice on them. The main thing im stuck with is the costs between pay as you go and contract. Like what do you get charged for on pay as you go, is it how long your on it or just downloads?

O2 Broadband is brilliant. It will cost you £9.50 a month (£7.50 if you're already an O2 user). This will give you unlimited, wireless broadband.

Their 24hr helpline is free to call and they're based in the UK.

I think the first three months are free and there must be a BT line in the premises.

Im wanting to get a laptop and mobile broadband to go and sit in my beauty room with as im finding that when i've got nothing booked in im staying at home to use the computer for business purposes. Im just wondering if anyone has any advice on them. The main thing im stuck with is the costs between pay as you go and contract. Like what do you get charged for on pay as you go, is it how long your on it or just downloads?

Look at the cost of ownership. There are a lot of offers for mobile broadband and a free laptop so look at the total cost. e.g £20 a month for 24 months is £480 less £300 for the free laptop would be £180 over the life of the contract.

Pay as you go only offers value if you use it once in a while. If you use it every day get a contract.

Netbooks are small and easy to use and put away.

Mike

I'm with Vodafone and pay around £15 per month for around 3GB of data transfer. That was their cheapest business package at the time. But Orange have a deal at the moment for £10 a month which sounds very reasonable...

I have a dongle (thing lol) with Virgin so can use my laptop any where i go providing it has virgin coverage in that area,
this costs just under £15 per month for 3 GB
i use it for hrs on end every day and i have not managed once to use even 1 GB per month,
but i wouldnt be with out it, hth

Latest posts

Back