Lash lift not taken very well

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy Orange

Reaction score
Hello anyone !
I've just read today's lash lifting thread and it was very informative, but I've a slightly different question please.
I trained around five weeks ago in lash lifting. Really enjoyed the course and is a great add on to the tinting and a profitable stand alone treatment. During the training course Lash Base products were used & ive purchased all lash base products and they have been working fine. Lots of nicely lifted lashes & my confidence has grown. ( especially after setting some prescription reading specs and a set of head goggles - I do look a bit like a minion !)
Anyway, my question please is, today's lift didn't take very well.
Was it because I used too much glue ? The shield wasn't as tight to the eye lid as perhaps it could have been- would that make a difference.
Thanks in advance :)

Could be lots of things. Maybe she had some product on her lashes that wasn't removed thoroughly. Yes maybe too much lash adhesive. You don't need too much. Sometimes they seem to not stick but just leave it to go a bit more tacky and they will stick fine without having to add more adhesive. Maybe a smaller shield was needed. It's hard to say but if you've been getting good lifts up till now then don't beat yourself up about one lift that didn't lift as well as you'd hoped. Also some people have very strong lashes and maybe she needed a bit longer. Who knows!
I'm sure your next one will be fine :) x

Could be lots of things. Maybe she had some product on her lashes that wasn't removed thoroughly. Yes maybe too much lash adhesive. You don't need too much. Sometimes they seem to not stick but just leave it to go a bit more tacky and they will stick fine without having to add more adhesive. Maybe a smaller shield was needed. It's hard to say but if you've been getting good lifts up till now then don't beat yourself up about one lift that didn't lift as well as you'd hoped. Also some people have very strong lashes and maybe she needed a bit longer. Who knows!

Thank you so much Angelina, I had been fretting over the lift and lost my confidence a bit, dreading the not one & your sensible encouraging words are so kind. Yes, I think I was over zealous with the glue a bit, and impatient. With hindsight. Also, my client is an existing one that I'm never sure if she enjoyed her treatment or not.!
Also, maybe I'll get another eye make up remover as the one I'm using is over a year old.
Thank you once again :)

Thank you so much Angelina, I had been fretting over the lift and lost my confidence a bit, dreading the not one & your sensible encouraging words are so kind. Yes, I think I was over zealous with the glue a bit, and impatient. With hindsight. Also, my client is an existing one that I'm never sure if she enjoyed her treatment or not.!
Also, maybe I'll get another eye make up remover as the one I'm using is over a year old.
Thank you once again :)
Hi
I have found the new LVL Product is not working as well as the old one, can anyone suggest an alternative to try
TIA

Hi
I have found the new LVL Product is not working as well as the old one, can anyone suggest an alternative to try
TIA
Yes lots of people are now using Elleebana. It uses rods instead of shields and it's such a quick treatment. The solutions are nourishing so there is no need for a separate nourishing solution. Also the solutions are left on for just 6 minutes each so it's much quicker.
You can find all the products at Lash Factor :)
https://www.lashfactor.co.uk/category/elleebana-lash-lift-12

Hi
TIA

Is this recently? I've also noticed my lash lifts are working so well and wondered if the product had changed... this is such a shame as i use to love this treatment and now I dread it because the results are poor

Can I as what you use on the lashes before you start to remove any product

Can I as what you use on the lashes before you start to remove any product
I cleanse the lashes with Belma Remove. I apply the rods and put the first solution on. Then remove that with a wet cotton bud. Then apply the second solution. Then again remove with a wet cotton bud. Then clean all the glue and remove shields with water. Then apply tint and remove with water :)

Latest posts

Back