Lash tint faded in a week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you.

So the shortest effective time to do a lift will result in a tint that lasts longer? Have I grasped that?

The only thing there is to sell is the nourishing oil (only to be used after 48 hours)

It depends on the hair....some hair is more resilient than others.
I am talking from a hairdressers view point, I'm not an expert on lashes.....but can't see why the same theory wouldn't apply.

No two heads are they same.
I could perm two heads, with similar hair type, using the same lotion, same rods, same development time....
They will come out different.
It's the 'porosity' of the hair that will determine the outcome!

In hairdressing, we are advised not to perm and tint in the same day......
I have been tinting my own lashes for years, but when I did a 'self lift', and tinted them straight after, the colour only lasted a couple of days.

When you do the lash lift, do you tint, then finish with the nourishing lotion, or do you nourish, and then tint?

It depends on the hair....some hair is more resilient than others.
I am talking from a hairdressers view point, I'm not an expert on lashes.....but can't see why the same theory wouldn't apply.

No two heads are they same.
I could perm two heads, with similar hair type, using the same lotion, same rods, same development time....
They will come out different.
It's the 'porosity' of the hair that will determine the outcome!

In hairdressing, we are advised not to perm and tint in the same day......
I have been tinting my own lashes for years, but when I did a 'self lift', and tinted them straight after, the colour only lasted a couple of days.

When you do the lash lift, do you tint, then finish with the nourishing lotion, or do you nourish, and then tint?

Yes I see what you mean, and the science bit can't be all that different surely?

Sounds like lashes are as varied as people's nails [emoji23]

Hmm that's interesting.

No we were told to keep oil for after the tint or it would stop the tint from taking

Yes I see what you mean, and the science bit can't be all that different surely?

Sounds like lashes are as varied as people's nails [emoji23]

Hmm that's interesting.

No we were told to keep oil for after the tint or it would stop the tint from taking

O.K. Just wondered if the nourishing lotion was the problem.....Definitely apply that AFTER tinting ;)

Latest posts

Back