Late nights? What are your hours of work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Interested to find out what kind of hours others work. How many late nights do you do? Do you work every Saturday? Do you stick to certain hours?
Geeks with little ones what kind of hours do you work? X

I've got a 10 year old and a 3 nearly 4 year old. I'm a home based salon well I'm based at my mums, no room at mine.

Anyway at the moment I very rarely work weekends, if I do its pamper parties. My hours I've set work around my lil man being at playgroup so at the moment us Tues am, and Weds and Thurs school hours and Weds and Thurs 5.30pm until 10pm ish. I'm still building up my clientele so by no means am I busy back to back yet. I offer appointments on Mondays and Friday's if wanted by try not to if I can help it.

Once my little man is at school in September I will offer more hours. Xx

I currently work from a home salon and I provide a male waxing service and lots of clients want to come for evening appointments after work, so I generally work till 8.30pm-9pm.
Jack

I currently work from a home salon and I provide a male waxing service and lots of clients want to come for evening appointments after work, so I generally work till 8.30pm-9pm.
Jack

How many times a week is that jack? My evening appointments get booked up weeks in advance & I currently offer 3 I don't want to be doing more than that as I have a 5 year old

I work from my home salon and work -
Monday Closed
Tuesday 9 - 9
Wednesday 9 - 7
Thursday 9 - 9
Friday 9 - 7
Saturday 9 - 6
Sunday Closed
I don't have kids though!

Home salon ,work tuseday to Saturday no fixed hours try and be finished by 8 pm and only do 3 late night's and finish by 4pm on a Saturday ,i don't have any kids :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Our salon is open Monday to Thursday 9-9 and weekends 9-5.
I work 3 late and 2 early shifts but start work at one when working late.

I work Mon-Fri 10-8.30pm and I have another waxing therapist starting next week who will work 5-9pm three evenings a week and they will also work Saturday during the day.
I guess when you have young children its not easy and you can only offer what fits in around your family. Jack

When I was in the salon we opened til 9pm mon-fri
Til 6pm sat sun
And done a few early birds

Completely different working round kids though

Could you offer a Sunday this was my busiest day so you don't need to offer another late night and take a day off through the week

These are the hours I try to stick to:
Monday: 9-8.30
Tuesday:9-5
Wednesday & Thursday: 10-8.30
Friday: 9-5
Saturday: 10-4
Every other Sunday: 10-4
If I work a Sunday I have a day off in the week. I'm a home salon and don't have children x

I try to stick to this.

Mon 9-5
Tue - closed
Wed 9-5
Thurs 9-7
Fri 9-6
Sat ( if I have to) 9-1

Used to work all the hours but that ship has sailed :)

I'm happy to work until 830pm for regular clients - preferably Monday and Thursday but I will work an alternative night if it suits us both.

I have 2 little ones, and my salon is closed Sunday Monday. Open Tuesday to Friday 9.30 to 5.30, late night Wednesdays, and Saturday 10 until whenever I finish. I'm thinking of opening Mondays too though. It is hard when you have wee ones xx

I try to stick to this.

Mon 9-5
Tue - closed
Wed 9-5
Thurs 9-7
Fri 9-6
Sat ( if I have to) 9-1

Do you find you can fit everyone in by only working one later night?
x

I'm mobile and work
Tues 6pm - 10pm
Weds 6pm - 10pm
Thurs 6pm - 11pm
And every other Saturday 9am - 2pm

I'm currently working round when my husbands at home and I have a 3 and 2 year old x

I work on my own;

Monday 9-5:30
Tuesday 9-5:30
Wednesdays closed
Thursday 9-8pm
Friday 9-5:30
Saturday 9-5:30
Sunday closed

My clients fill up the appointment book nicely during these times and i find one late(ish) night is enough along with being open saturdays. A lot of my clients are a either young mums or older (retired or working part-time). It depends on your client base, if they're a lot of professionals working full time hours an extra late night maybe useful, I just don't have a lot of demand for it so there's fat chance of me staying late for the sake of it haha. I don't have children by the way.

I fit clients around teaching full time..... So I ionly do evenings and weekend. My clients are fine with this, and I am not taking on new clients at present as I simply don't have time.

However last week I took an appointment for 7 (AM!!!!) for a waxing client who was going away on holiday and had no other time. I did it that early because a) he is a good regular client, and b) he travels a 100 mile round trip to come to me.

We can only be as flexible as our cirumstances allow us to be, but I will really go out of my way for regular clients.
J

Hey all,

I rent a room in a hair salon and currently work:

Thursday 9 - 9ish
Friday 9 - 8 ish
Sat 9 - 3 ish

If clients need me to work later then I will. I also will do the odd client on a Monday or Wednesday if they really can't do any other day.

I have two little ones (2 and 4) and one on the way. I was going to go full time in September then I got pregnant again. In hindsight though its not a bad thing staying part time for a bit longer as there are very well established salons around me that's owners have had to take on office jobs just so they can keep open or are doing silly deals on groupon!!!

Xx

Do you find you can fit everyone in by only working one later night?
x

Yes now i can. I used to be really busy and never refuse an appt but now I only work later for my regulars if they really need it. I'm lucky because I have a lot of mums so I'm busier in the mornings. I got married last year so trying to get a balance :)

I try to stick to this.

Mon 9-5
Tue - closed
Wed 9-5
Thurs 9-7
Fri 9-6
Sat ( if I have to) 9-1

Good for you ,this is more like what we all should be doing :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back