Late nights? What are your hours of work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm mobile with no children and work
Monday 10-9
Tuesday 10-6
Wednesday 10-8
Thursday 10-9
Friday 10-6
Saturdays reserved for weddings, pamper parties and the occasional regular if needed.

I seem to work all evenings and have no life! Started going to dance classes after work on tues and weds and now seem to be working later on Fridays too. It's getting ridiculous. I hate having an appointment at 10am then nothing all day til a busy evening. Kinda get out of work mode when you go home for a few hours!

Good for you ,this is more like what we all should be doing :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I agree totally! I'm finding at the minute doing 50+ hours, juggling family, running a home & trying to fit everyone in is really taking its toll. xx

Oh I've been there and it was horrible! Yes I made money but I had no life. My New Years resolution was to "toughen up!" Lol!

Iv recently cut back on my hours as I was starting to take on too much.. My son shoots and my daughter dances so I need my weekends free to run them about, I now work (or at least try to stick to) the closing time is the last appointment I take so can add an extra hour to hour and a half on...
Mon 9-1.30
Tues 9-4.30
Wed 9-7.30
Thurs 9-7.30
Fri 9-4.30
Weekends closed

Ok so I know I loose out on the weekend trade but the hours I'm open I'm chocca it's still a 40+ hour week and the majority of my clients fit round me, obviously I do extra hours for special clients and to accommodate wedding parties and stuff like that, I am flexible as I work from home. I earn a good wage and am much happier being able to spend time with my children :))

I'm mobile, with a 12 year old and a 5 year old, and a husband that works away on a regular basis so my hours are a bit limited:
mon & tues 9am - 8pm
weds, thurs, fri 9am - 3pm
sat 8am - 3pm
sun - parties only (and i limit this to twice a month as it is our only family day)

I'm mobile, with a 12 year old and a 5 year old, and a husband that works away on a regular basis so my hours are a bit limited:
mon & tues 9am - 8pm
sat 8am - 3pm
sun - parties only (and i limit this to twice a month as it is our only family day)

I would not say that is limited you are working 6 or 7 days a week :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Oh I've been there and it was horrible! Yes I made money but I had no life. My New Years resolution was to "toughen up!" Lol!

I'm still trying to toughen up. Was my New Years resolution too!! x

my hours (home based salon)

Mon 9.30am to 8pm
Tues CLOSED (Use as overflow if rest of week gets full)
Weds 9.30am to 8pm
Thurs 9.30am to 9pm
Fri - 9.30 to 7pm
Sat 9.30 to 5.30pm
Sun CLOSED

usually factor in picking daughter up from after school club at 5.30pm and feeding her (unless hubster can get home in time and he gets her)

i'm still a little wet behind the ears (i started Darling Digits end of May 2012 and only gave up my day job to do this full-time in February this year) so always try to fit clients in, hate turning them down :Scared:

But things are gonna have to change. I'm going to have to learn to say 'no, can't fit u in this week i'm afraid' as the week before last i had 38 clients in, worked 6 days in a row (5 of those were 13 hour days) and i was knackered!!

always seems to be feast or famine? Rammed busy or quiet! i just want a happy medium!

Last edited:
I have a home salon & kids...

Mon, tues, weds, thurs 10am-2.30 then 8pm-11pm
Friday 10.30am-2.30 (I have another job which finishes at 10am)
Alternate Saturdays 11-3pm

Fri & sat evenings only when doing pamper parties

Sunday 7pm-10pm

Random times but fits around my other lil job and means I can school run/feed/bath/bedtime kids x

Home salon: Mon, wed, thurs 9.30am-2.30pm
Tues & Fri 7.30-9 pm
Sat/Sun closed
3 Young kids at home ( plus husband makes 4! ;) will also work mon, wed. Fri evenings 7.30-9 if I can't fit people in.

I wish I had the problem of being too busy, I'm still at college getting my HND & I work in a salon on Fridays & Saturdays, it can be dead sometimes and I am trying to think of ways to advertise to get new clients in & also for going mobile, would be great if anyone has great ideas or even some advice on how yous all got to be so busy & full :) xx

I have a home salon & kids...

Mon, tues, weds, thurs 10am-2.30 then 8pm-11pm
Friday 10.30am-2.30 (I have another job which finishes at 10am)
Alternate Saturdays 11-3pm

Fri & sat evenings only when doing pamper parties

Sunday 7pm-10pm

Random times but fits around my other lil job and means I can school run/feed/bath/bedtime kids x

Do you find the need to work Sunday night? I can't imagine anyone wanting to go out at 7pm on a Sunday night x

Yes I get ladies wanting nails done ready for the week ahead. Sundays are usually reserved for those who work full time and have a busy social life.
I don't advertise the Sunday nights as being open but I usually end up with someone in that can't do any other time and for most people it's the only time when no one makes plans xx

Yes I get ladies wanting nails done ready for the week ahead. Sundays are usually reserved for those who work full time and have a busy social life.
I don't advertise the Sunday nights as being open but I usually end up with someone in that can't do any other time and for most people it's the only time when no one makes plans xx

Very true x

i have a home salon and am closed sun/mon. Im open between 10am to 9pm tues to thurs, 10 to 2pm fri and currently not working saturdays. Am thinking about opening mondays x

I am employed and the salon is open 7 days a week 10-9. However my usual hours of work is 10-9, 3 or 4 days a week. Unless I'm covering another therapist if she's away - then I work 10-9, 6 days a week xx

mon & tues 9am - 8pm
sat 8am - 3pm

I'm very similar to you as I'm mobile. I have a 5 yr old and an 11 yr old and husband works away so I only work when the kids are at school 5 days a week and occasionally a Saturday if required. This week im lucky as im back to back but have Saturday off. Never work Sundays! I refuse to even answer my phone on Sunday!

About once a week I'll have one of my long standing regular clients come to my house for an evening appointment or if it's worth my while I'll book a babysitter for an evening but that's only once in a blue moon.

Hi everyone what do you mobile ladies/gents do regarding phone calls on your day off?
My only full day off is Sunday so like not having to think about work, but feel obliged to answer my phone.
Do you have separate phones? A voicemail message? Or are you available all the time? X

Last edited:
sundays closed
monday---wed 10:00am-----7:00pm
thur--friday 10:00am---10:30pm
sat 10:00am---6:00pm

I have two separate phones. My business is still building so although at first I had all good intentions of not answering on day off I do! Sometimes I let it go to voicemail. If they text I say would it be possible to phone them another time when convenient. They are normally ok with this x

Latest posts

Back