Laybuy hairdressing services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aronne

Reaction score
hi everyone

has anyone been asked if they can laybuy hairdressing services?
had a person come in today asking to laybuy a cut, colour and extensions and wanted to have it done first, and then had to explain for an hour that i dont have authority to do that type of laybuy, just curious if anyone had a similar situation??

Hi, Just out of curiosity what is a laybuy?

Xx

what is that? a tab? anything where the customer isnt paying straight after the service should be a no.

oh thought america has it? oops, a laybuy is something you put on hold for a certain period of time, once its all paid off you can collect your goods

Ever heard of the expression ' on your bike!!! ' lol

Absolutely no way! Xx

I have never been in that situation and hopefully never will be , why do people think they can go to a hairdresser and think they can have it free ? Like to see them try it at tescos lol xx

I wouldn't have a clue either! Don't worry.

No way!!! How would you get your money if she decided never to pay up? Small claims court would cost you more than the treatment cost!

Don't even consider it xx 😊

No way!!! How would you get your money if she decided never to pay up? Small claims court would cost you more than the treatment cost!

Don't even consider it xx 😊

exactly what i was thinking, i was like i dont have authority to do that.
spoke to the big boss and even he was like no! only ones we do it for is only for our close clientelle where he actually knows them.
was real frustrating that trying to tell her that i couldnt do it for an hour, and she was expecting me to do a colour cut and extensions for $50, i was like no i cannot do that!!
she says she is going to do a laybuy from next week, but i told her that you have to pay the full service first and then we will do it, and i have informed all stylists in case she tries telling them another story.

I would be so insulted if someone asked me this.

Saying that I do have one lady that thinks 63 pound for a cut and colour is expensive and tells me so everytime.... She has long hair.... I'm in the middle price wise in my area, but I don't budge, she has 100 extensions too (obv additional cost) to thicken her hair up, but she feels all together its a lot, then proceeds to tell me how many people compliment her hair. I have the well good hair costs attitude so I don't find her insulting, I do find it slightly annoying listening to it though.

She recently called to say she has left her job, needs her colour and extensions push up and money is tight so is there some agreement we can come too? I advised I can't reduce the cost as thats my prices, however if she would like as a one off to help save money just have parting and hair line coloured (worked out that cost) and the push up, or do them a couple weeks apart, she then suggested she colour her own hair (I was expecting the but could you apply it for me, don't think she was brave enough to suggest that though) and asked what would be best to use, which I advised I cannot give advise on OTC products. She came for her push up same price as we started with, and is deciding about the colour as I wouldn't help what to do her roots with, I did advise the negatives to home dying and not to touch the extensions with it but that's as far as our conversation went.

I would be so insulted if someone asked me this.

Saying that I do have one lady that thinks 63 pound for a cut and colour is expensive and tells me so everytime.... She has long hair.... I'm in the middle price wise in my area, but I don't budge, she has 100 extensions too (obv additional cost) to thicken her hair up, but she feels all together its a lot, then proceeds to tell me how many people compliment her hair. I have the well good hair costs attitude so I don't find her insulting, I do find it slightly annoying listening to it though.

She recently called to say she has left her job, needs her colour and extensions push up and money is tight so is there some agreement we can come too? I advised I can't reduce the cost as thats my prices, however if she would like as a one off to help save money just have parting and hair line coloured (worked out that cost) and the push up, or do them a couple weeks apart, she then suggested she colour her own hair (I was expecting the but could you apply it for me, don't think she was brave enough to suggest that though) and asked what would be best to use, which I advised I cannot give advise on OTC products. She came for her push up same price as we started with, and is deciding about the colour as I wouldn't help what to do her roots with, I did advise the negatives to home dying and not to touch the extensions with it but that's as far as our conversation went.

yup well she said she wanted the exact same colour and length as one of the posters in the salon, i was like you need extensions (her length is just past her shoulders and the length of the photo was 18 inch and wasnt prepared to pay for the 18 inches and ony length shorter than that was 15 inches which wont do any justice.
her hair is jet black, and she pretty much wants a light chocolate brown and looks like she has colour build up. i quoted for the service $330 including cut, colour, and extensions which is a real good price!!! (did mention it can altar throughout the service if there is boxed colour build up) although the clientelle where our salon is are after cheap things (cant move because we are in a mall and our lease is up in november thank goodness and merging with our other salon)

yup well she said she wanted the exact same colour and length as one of the posters in the salon, i was like you need extensions (her length is just past her shoulders and the length of the photo was 18 inch and wasnt prepared to pay for the 18 inches and ony length shorter than that was 15 inches which wont do any justice.
her hair is jet black, and she pretty much wants a light chocolate brown and looks like she has colour build up. i quoted for the service $330 including cut, colour, and extensions which is a real good price!!! (did mention it can altar throughout the service if there is boxed colour build up) although the clientelle where our salon is are after cheap things (cant move because we are in a mall and our lease is up in november thank goodness and merging with our other salon)

Ahhhh that's why your getting that then. I'm in a middle kind of area where we have similar calibre of people near hear but also very affluent.

That's very cheap! On ya bike definitely comes to mind.

Well we wouldn't do it that's for sure.

We are happy for people to buy a voucher as and when they need it until they have enough credit on the vouchers to pay for a treatment but certainly not the other way around. Clients owing you money to pay back at a later date, your having a laugh.....

I actually had a lady today, who swears in Tazmania it's quiet a normal thing for extensions to be done on layby. Or they take it out of your bank account weekly ! Ha ha I was shocked x

I actually had a lady today, who swears in Tazmania it's quiet a normal thing for extensions to be done on layby. Or they take it out of your bank account weekly ! Ha ha I was shocked x

Well sad for her shes not over there asking for the service haha.

Lol I actually thought you meant in a layby like those lorry driver cafes haha! But the real meaning no way!

I'd let her do it-provided she had paid in full, first- exactly the same way as a layby works

Lol I actually thought you meant in a layby like those lorry driver cafes haha! But the real meaning no way!

Lol me too! Heard of 'laid on' or 'ligged on' though x

Cant believe someone was so cheeky to ask! :-S

Latest posts

Back