LCN vs NSI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi there
I have been doing nails since 2005 with NSI products. I haverecently started the switch to LCN and, while I love the loom and feel of the product, I find it very expensive as well as the fact that some of my clients don't want to make the switch to LCN so I have to buy both. Which do you all prefer?

Also, has anyone used Polish Pro over the LCN light cured resins? Have yo I had any problems?

LCN is expensive but quality doesn't come cheap. The fact that even the hardest wearing clients can go weeks and weeks without issues speaks for the product itself. Raise the price of your service because you can! I charge a lot and have no issues or complaints about my prices.
You can use any light cured polish over LCN as long as you don't wipe away the inhibition layer.

Thank you so much for your advice. I LOVE LCN too. Do you only use lcn colour gels?

I don't know I prefer Nsi. My cousin had lcn and it buggered up her nails so terribly it didn't soak off and was a disaster. However that said they did last the longest.

I trained in lcn but don't use it anymore it's so expensive and takes so long to file off

I don't know I prefer Nsi. My cousin had lcn and it buggered up her nails so terribly it didn't soak off and was a disaster. However that said they did last the longest.

I always tell my clients that because LCN is a buff off gel it is more of a commitment than acrylic. I love NSI as well. Have you used the Secrets range?

I want to try nsi. At the moment I use asp gel from salon services

I use the full LCN range, colour gels as well as Recolution.
LCN gel is all buff off. It takes time to properly prep as well as remove (actually never had to remove any) It stays, there is NO lift, not even a smidgen. I think once again, it is the Techs job to do a proper set and fill each time and not cause damage. Products used correctly do not damage nails.

I wrote a reply but it didn't post hmm
Anyhow, LCN for me is what sets me apart from others, together with attention to detail and care for my clients nails.
I will say it again, products do not damage nails. Techs destroy nails. Whatever the reason I don't know. Maybe they are hurried to file too quickly to save on time because they don't charge properly? Maybe they pry the product off? Who knows!?
Follow instructions, and you will do no damage. Charge enough because you have the right product and the right knowledge.
I can tell you that I don't want clients that want cheap nails. My sets are expensive. Full sets can range between $85 - $125 , and fills between $45 - $85. All my clients are word of mouth and none have ever questioned my pricing. If they do they can go see a dime a dozen "salons" in our area, I don't want to have them as clients.
I use full LCN range, colour gels as well as Recolution.

I've always used nsi and love it never had a problem with it. Never used Lcn so I can't comment. But they sound good, but are they good enough to justify price difference?
I wouldn't buy 2 lots of products to please your clients (but that might just be me) if they like you and the service you provide, and they trust you as a tech they should know that the only reason you want to change the products your using to a more expensive one, is because you feel they are better products and can produce a better set. If they value you they will come back.

Biljana, as you have a lot of experience with this lcn product, would you be able to help me with removal? My cousin had it done on her natural nails and it didn't last that well but there was a problem getting the product off her nails. I thought she was maybe doing it with a poor file but when I looked at it myself. I literally had to use a New Nsi 150 file get it off and it is not like anything I have ever had to buff off before I would say it's easier to buff acrylic nails off .

Biljana, as you have a lot of experience with this lcn product, would you be able to help me with removal? My cousin had it done on her natural nails and it didn't last that well but there was a problem getting the product off her nails. I thought she was maybe doing it with a poor file but when I looked at it myself. I literally had to use a New Nsi 150 file get it off and it is not like anything I have ever had to buff off before I would say it's easier to buff acrylic nails off .
Sorry I haven't been on here. Life gets really busy.
LCN is a hard gel as you have come to notice.
My removal process is as follows.
Drill or 150grit nail file to debulk about 50% of the product and shorten the length as short as possible.
Use 180grit nail file to remove enough product so it isn't too noticable if I am to use gel polish to finish the service but also not take it down to the natural nail so not to cause damage.
Hope that makes sense?
I would then do my prep, cuticle away, deactivate and scrubfresh and finish with Shellac.
This will most definitely hold up for 2 weeks and then I just continue with Shellac services until the remainder of the LCN gel has outgrown, taking the length down each time.

Latest posts

Back