Lecente chromes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollym211

Reaction score
Hey
So been playing with new chromes seems I can perfect the rainbow chrome lovely, but attempting the chrome powder over cityscape seemed great, but over rosebud it seemed not so great, not like done ive seen.... Bit scratchy???? With pink Almost too visible?? What do you guys use to apply??? I bought the lecenté applicators but thinking I don't like, anyone tried make up sponge?
Was disheartened [emoji22]!

I found the Lecente applicators too scratchy too.
I've swapped to foam eyeshadow applicators and it's easy now, much better coverage.

My chromes have just arrived and yet to have a play with them. Will be interesting to see how everyone is getting on with them...shame to hear this though...

Have done some great designs with rainbow, and chrome but on cityscape so think it was hidden, but great idea using eyeshadow brushes! Will defo do! Thanks
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479420891.312523.jpg

Have people got any silver chrome pics? Not sure I'm getting the best chrome effect I can x

I've used mainly rainbow but would also be interested in pics of everyone's chrome x

Hey Guys & Girls,

I have been playing with them since Tuesday and here are a few helpful tips.

Make sure you drain the lecente layer it brush almost completely clean of product and apply it very thinly , if it's too thick the chrome will look extra grainy. However... Look at the nail before you put it in the lamp , let it settle for a few seconds as it has texture when applied thinly , if it doesn't self level into a smooth surface it's too thin and you need a tiny bit more :)

I like an eyeshadow applicator the best for applying too! I dip one side in and buff it into the nail , then flip it over and with the clean side buff some more , this really helps give a chrome effect :)

Also found a the best way to get a true gold chrome , apply 2 layers of asphalt curing as normal in between layers, thin layer of layer it as above, rub silver chrome powder into the nail , then without anything else just rub gold chrome into the nail , gives a beautiful pale gold chrome , my clients love it !
IMG_3311.JPG

Awesome tips x thank you

This is silver chrome over Hot Pop Pink.
IMG_0389.JPG

This is rainbow chrome over tango passion. [emoji177]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479505972.424639.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479505972.424639.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 239
These are mine
Silver on one hand gold on other
IMG_3907.JPG
IMG_3927.JPG

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479575106.341567.jpg

Shellac Pink Bikini with Lecente rainbow chrome

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479775725.709315.jpg

Hi Ladies, I've just purchased 50 of these double ended eyeshadow brushes for 99p off eBay - usually arrive within 2 weeks. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up if you want to stock up! [emoji4]

View attachment 202217

Hi Ladies, I've just purchased 50 of these double ended eyeshadow brushes for 99p off eBay - usually arrive within 2 weeks. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up if you want to stock up! [emoji4]
Amazing!! So much better applying with these!! Thanks[emoji3]

View attachment 202217

I also ordered these but they never turned up! They did issue a refund though. I'd order a couple of packs at that price and hope one turns up

No worries lovely[emoji8], such a good price! X

I thought I'd done well with a pack of these from Poundland, but yours was definitely the better bargain!

Has anyone found a slimmer brush that fits the Layer It bottle?
I'm struggling with the fatness of the brush provided on small nails - too much product on the brush and takes loads of wiping down to get the fine amount needed.
Should I just get some disposable brushes?
How are other people managing?

I don't mind the large brush to be fair and literally wipe it dry!!! Barely use any product so can keep it neat as not overloading the brush means no around the skin!!! Keep at it, will get used to it [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back