lifting problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesleyb

Reaction score
can any one help?? i have a client with extremely dry brittle nails i have used creative retention + to give her sculptured nails. i give the nail a full prep before applying the sculps however within a week they start to lift. she say's she is applying solar oil twice a day and keeps her hands out of water or wares rubber gloves. i have tried applying primer along with retention + but it makes no difference. would appreciate some advice. i dont have this problem with my other clients.

Lesleyb

im not a creative tech so this might not help, but i have a problem client who has extremley dry brittle natural nails, and very very dry cuticles. she was applying cuticle oil 2 a day and still we had a lot of lifting (which was unusal for me as none of my other clients had this problem, even my nail biters last 3 weeks). She is always cleaning something up, she is a major clean freek! she was using rubber gloves all the time, so i was very confussed! One day her nails were in such a mess i had to remove them and start all over again. i put on some latex gloves because i seem to have a acute allergy to acetone, and i didnt want to worsen it, and i didnt want my nails popping off whilst i was applying the foils. i found when i took the gloves off that my nails had lifted, i applied them the day before, and they always last up to my rebalance every 2 weeks, so i was very confussed. I think (but im not sure) that it was the gloves that caused this problem. I think the rubber can excessively dry out the cuticle and cause lifting, and im not sure, but i thought i had read in a post before about sweat causing lifting, and clearly your hands sweat in gloves.

She now has no problems, as she wears cottened lined rubber gloves and she applies a bit more oil. she applies it when she gets up, just before she goes to work, when she get home, and just before bed. i thought this might help, as we would advise someone with normal cuticles, etc to apply oil twice a day so i assumed someone with double the dryness should probley double up! I also told her to apply hand cream everytime she washes her hands, and she is booked in once a week to have a warm mitts and massage! so that was a bonus i sorted the lifting (or at least have seemed to stopped it) and i get a extra £12 a week for the warm mitts etc, in between appointments!

hope this might help a little bit!

thanks sarah i will give that a go

Do you know that really strange. I have a client exactly the same - dry brittle nails, always cleaning, with gloves. Although I do really good prep, they still lift! I dont have this problem with anyone else. Maybe we are on to something here.

Also try using Nail Fresh from Creative, I find this can be a major help.

Latest posts

Back