Light to Dark without pre pig?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeleigh

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client this week that would like to go from blonde to brunette. She has previously been getting full head of bleach highlights and her hair is in good condition for being so light. I would like to know if any hairdressers have done this without pre-pigging? I usually use wella and have seen people say on salon geek before that they dont pre pig when going light to dark. The client wants to be a medium brown colour, any suggestions as to what I could use would be greatly appreciated, I normally use wella but have used different brands. Could I just go straight in and use 5,73 with 4%?

thanks

I would always pre pig, I don't use wells colours but I know affinage do a pre pig which u put on the hair, wipe of excess & apply the colour over the top. In the past I have just put red or gold into the base shade to stop it going carky over the top of the blonde & to stop it sliding off. I've done 3/5 base colour & 1/4 red/gold (depending on what type of base colour your client wants) xVx

Meant 3/4 not 3/5!! X

I would always pre pig, I don't use wells colours but I know affinage do a pre pig which u put on the hair, wipe of excess & apply the colour over the top. In the past I have just put red or gold into the base shade to stop it going carky over the top of the blonde & to stop it sliding off. I've done 3/5 base colour & 1/4 red/gold (depending on what type of base colour your client wants) xVx

Affinage Coffee Shop collection...no need to pre pig :)

I used the coffee shop collection for the 1st time & absolutely loved the colour! I added a qtr of 6.0 to 3/4 6.036 & it's so warm! Love love it! xVx

Hi, thanks for replying guys :) I have never used the coffee shop collection before! Where can I buy it, Sallys? Could you recommend a colour to achieve a medium brown shade? I was thinking base 5. I am guessing this would be used with 3% (too many questions lol)

thanks again

Is Sally's now salon services ? Have one in my area and they don't stock affinage :( so I have to get from hairways. Yeah use 3% for darkening if u using affinage. 5 is nice also a 4 is a nice dark chocolate brown x

I used the coffee shop collection for the 1st time & absolutely loved the colour! I added a qtr of 6.0 to 3/4 6.036 & it's so warm! Love love it! xVx

Just been looking at your profile and you are right near me! :)

Hi, thanks for replying guys :) I have never used the coffee shop collection before! Where can I buy it, Sallys? Could you recommend a colour to achieve a medium brown shade? I was thinking base 5. I am guessing this would be used with 3% (too many questions lol)

thanks again

go on affinage.co.uk and search your nearest distributor :)

Over bleached hair a 5 will come up about a 5 1/2 but a 4 comes out a 4 lol so i'd say go for a 5, after the first application, it's best to use their quasi, which is a satin and you'd use a 6 :)

Yes its now salon services, I'm just in the habit of calling it sallys! Just checked with all local hair stockists and can't get affinage :-( any other suggestions? I saw on another thread that you don't have to pre pig with matrix colours but I am not familiar with using this range!

Many thanks :)

Yes its now salon services, I'm just in the habit of calling it sallys! Just checked with all local hair stockists and can't get affinage :-( any other suggestions? I saw on another thread that you don't have to pre pig with matrix colours but I am not familiar with using this range!

Many thanks :)

Oh really? where are you located?

I'm not familliar with matrix either but if i cant get hold of any affinage from you, bluerinse will be able to sort you out with some info on matrix colours :)

I'm in Scotland, the website says the only one here is Glasgow, its a bit too far to travel for colour from where I am unfortunately :( maybe asking bluerinse is my best bet then?

I'm in Scotland, the website says the only one here is Glasgow, its a bit too far to travel for colour from where I am unfortunately :( maybe asking bluerinse is my best bet then?

+44 (0)1794 527111 - give affinage a ring tomorrow morning, the website may not have the latest suppliers as affinage is spreading like wildfire! thats the headquarters, which is actually down the road from me, so if they can't give you a closer supplier, they will more than likely send you a tube in the post by next day delivery.

Failing that, bluerinse will be around her somewhere with some advice on matrix :)

Just been looking at your profile and you are right near me! :)

I'm in Colchester, where ru? I get my affinage colours from Hairways too! xVx

I'm in Colchester, where ru? I get my affinage colours from Hairways too! xVx

Im in Harwich, around 20mins away. First person ive found near me :)

Thanks so much for that :) I will def give them a call tomorrow! Might just send bluerinse a wee message to get a few different options (just incase!)

Thanks again :)

If you use matrix color sync they are a tone on tone Quasi so designed to be used in situations like this.

Aslong as it's obviously not a neutral or an ash colour it will be fine to be added straight on top of bleached hair without pre pig :) mocha or mocha gold I'd great for the colour your aiming for :) x

Thank you so much bluerinse! This is so helpful :) I will def be taking your advice:wink2:

thanks again

(I sent you a message asking the same question so you can just ignore that lol question answered!):lol:

Thank you so much bluerinse! This is so helpful :) I will def be taking your advice:wink2:

thanks again

(I sent you a message asking the same question so you can just ignore that lol question answered!):lol:

Very welcome, color sync is great and mixing is 1:1 :) but develop for 20 mins then check as it goes 1 shade darker every 5 mins after the original 20 x

So glad u told me that lol I will be sure to check it after 20!

Much thanks

Latest posts

Back