Lighting for hair photos, advice please! Ringlight maybe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholanac

Reaction score
Hello,
I havery an issue with lighting in my salon room. My pictures just aren't giving my work any justice and it's really diffcult to take good photos as the lighting is not good. I have extra wall lights and a window but I'm facing houses which leaves me shaded.

I was debating purchasing a ring light to take more professional photos, but I'm worried in case ethereal artificial light will not work and will make it worse and I waste my money artificial they aren't cheap. I have seen people use them for make up but does anyone have any recommendations on whether they would take better hair photos? Or any suggestions or tips for me please. I work really hard on making my hair look great but my images are letting me down slightly.

Any help is much appreciated

P.'s I do mainly hair extensions.

I bought a selfie light for my phone it's basically a mini ring light and it really helped :) only £8

I have the neewer ring light for make up and it makes my photos look fab. Would be good for hair too.
Was only about £90 with the stand. x

Hi cheeky chick....where did you get your ring light from?

Cool thanks I'll have a look on Amazon. What size is yours and do you know the wattage? [emoji4]

I bought a selfie light for my phone it's basically a mini ring light and it really helped :) only £8
I have the neewer ring light for make up and it makes my photos look fab. Would be good for hair too.
Was only about £90 with the stand. x
Ohh that's the one I was looking at! Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back