Lock on Stock Cupboard?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koskinas

Reaction score
Hi
Just wandering if anyone has a lock on their stock cupboard? or in you salon if you have a system in place? do you as the manager give therapists the products from the stock cupboard or do you allow all staff to access the stock freely?
As I hear a lot of stories of staff stealing stock I was wandering if anyone has an effective system in place to minimize theft?
Thanks in advance for any responses

We have a lock on our cupboard at work. For some reason we leave the key in it which kind of defeats the object.
I have to say I would never dream of stealing anything from it. We are all allowed in there.
If you are worried you could always put just one person in charge of it but then you are kind of stuffed if they are not there one day and your other members of staff need something.
xxx

Hi,
I know it's time consuming but you may just need to make sure you stay on top of your stock control all the time and carry out a stock check each week if possible. Also put a piece of paper on the front of the cupboard and get your staff to write down what they took, when they took it and for which room they took it for, and sign and date it. This makes it easier to see how fast your stock is going and how long it's lasting also...xXx

At the place i used to work there was a closed cupboard, but it made me really angry when i needed something and the owner didn't bother go there as often as she should to give me what i needed, sometimes things like files or nail prep.... So i allow my empoyees to take whatever they need to work. Things that are more prone to theft are polishes, oils and stuff like that, and that is counted and i keep track of the stock.

Thank you all for your replies.:)

In my previous employment as manager, we had a locked cupboard which everyone had access too.

If you think there is theft going on in your business, then putting a lock on the stock cupboard is not the answer. If you start to lock up things it does not show trust.

You either have a thief or someone who is very tempted by products. The first you can just get rid of them or the later give staff products at cost price and come to an arrangement for the staff to have treatments so that they feel earned their perk and not wanting to steal little things.

Another method is to make the stock control transparent, do a stock take then when a therapist takes a product they need to mark it off on the inventory sheet.

Just speaking from my experience.....

Latest posts

Back