Looking for a mobile bridal MUA in Somerset

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
Hi Geeks! I hope I'm good to put this in consumer queries.

I'm London based but getting married in Weston-Super-Mare on July 19th. I've searched the web and not had much luck finding a MUA or hair stylist. I've had a little training myself, but really I don't want to be shaking with nerves trying to get my face on on the day! Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I also often get smudgies in my inner corners, even when avoiding putting anything near them and I sometimes get watery eyes. I really don't want the stress of trying to combat these issues on such an important day. My friend offered to do both for me (she is trained, although not in bridal), but she has let me down a couple of times and I don't want the worry or to put pressure on her.

Not being from the area, I'm not sure where to start. Obviously I've googled like mad, but some don't have clear portfolios or a great deal of information and I don't want to just blindly book someone and then realise I've made a total mistake once it's too late.

I'm looking for someone experienced, who uses professional and high end brands, someone who is highly professional and excels at bridal.

I've set a maximum £200 hair and make up budget, including trials. Surely that should be enough? Particularly outside of London. A lot of the sites I've found seem to just squeeze into my budget, but they'd probably charge for travel and that'd take it over. A lot of people also seem to have a 4 person minimum for a Saturday wedding. I can't force other people to get their hair and make up done just so I can have mine done, that isn't right and we can't afford to pay for them either.

I'm a bit concerned about trials, as obviously I'm in London and the wedding is in Weston. However, we have family in Shepton and so I'll be around there in the lead up to the big day, so should be able to fit things around it all.

If anyone has any recommendations or thinks they'd be perfect for the job, or even has any ideas - please let me know! Thanks xx

Last edited:
Hi Carly

Such a shame the wedding isn't nearer to London as I'd have offered to do it for you (I trained and worked for Lancôme)

Have you thought about booking in to have your makeup done on one of the beauty counters such as Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder or even Mac? That way you can really have a play with all their products and when you are happy they can note all the products down on a face chart for you for when you have your makeup done on the day. Or what you could do is call up the nearest department store to your wedding venue and ask to speak to the Bobbi Brown counter and ask if any of their girls do freelance work? I have a few friends that work for Mac and Bobbi and then freelance with them as well. They should be within your budget too.

Worth a try? Xxx

Hiya, it's so frustrating being so far away! We'd have booked a venue closer to home if anywhere had parking on a Saturday lol! Finding suppliers in an area I don't know is really becoming a struggle.

Thanks so much for all the ideas! xx

I don't have a car and no one will be about to drive me, as all my girlies and Mum are travelling by train. The venue is literally in the middle of nowhere, so there is nothing close by. I could get taxis however, but was hoping to stay at the venue to get ready with everyone there and also have someone around for last minute touch ups.

I never even thought about going to a counter! I thought they were there to sell you products, not to do your face for an event? What would I say? The only worry with that is, I could go all the way to weston by train, get my face done and then not like it and be back to square one. I'd also prefer a mix of products to be used, as I always think that make up wise, certain brands are better for certain things.

I also, depressingly, need cover make up on both my arms, as I have broken capillaries and redness that looks like someone has grabbed me roughly. I've spoken to my Dr and not received any help with it.

I could ring the local mac counter (don't know if they have one) and see if anyone freelances, that's a great idea. Again, I'm just worried about booking someone without seeing their work or getting a trusted recommendation.

Is £200 quite a tight hair and make up budget? I really had no clue, I've not worked in a salon in over a decade! It sounded more than enough at the time.

There must be some South West Geeks on here somewhere! xxx

My cousin does wedding packages in bristol not far from Weston, she is on Facebook under the treatment room or she may have changed it to The treatment room at 81, she uses Mac make up and does hair and nails etc, hope that helps

My cousin does wedding packages in bristol not far from Weston, she is on Facebook under the treatment room or she may have changed it to The treatment room at 81, she uses Mac make up and does hair and nails etc, hope that helps

Thank you for that! I don't actually actually have a fb account but I'll try to have a look as I should still be able to see stuff on there hopefully. xxx

gah, I can't seem to find it. Could you send me a link please? xx

I had a look and she had changed it to the treatment room at 81, as for sending links I have no clue how to do that and do not have a child around to do it for me !!!!

Yay I finally found it! Took a while, I'm not that tech savvy myself.

Thank you very much for that xx

Tracy Pallari Hair & Make-Up Artist (www.tracypallari.com)

Tracy is amazing. She was one of my tutors at college and has won awards for her work. She is highly sought after so if you can book her, you won't be disappointed.

She also lives in Weston. ;-)

Hope you have a lovely wedding. x

Latest posts

Back