looking to start out.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Hi all, you must get a lot of people asking the same question constantly, so apologies now.

I Live in Essex.. Southend-on-Sea to be precise, and I am looking into doing a Nail tech course. Learn how to do gel / acrylic nails etc.. I already do airbrush tanning and tattooing. and I want to do nails.. I have read about so many bad courses could anyone tell me the best places to go.. it does seem that Creative is favoured here, is that the case?

Also, for anyone in the Southend area. there seems to be a course advertised in the hairdressing academy here or near it.. has anyone heard about it?

Well a friend told me about this site, its my first time posting.. it looks a great site. look forward to hearing from someone..

Well you are right, this question gets asked all the time. You have seen the most recommended courses and what they are. If you want to research further then do a search on education here on the site.
Meanwhile the number for information from Creative is 1003 275 0433 ... they will be happy to help you.

Hello,

You will love this site girl! I have learnt so much on here! Its fab!

I live near you, Eastwood in fact. Yes i think they do nail courses down queens road, southend where they do hair training. Go and ask for details. I know someone who did it there, and she got on fine, taught her everything she needed to know. Its a good place to go if you dont want to travel far.
I did the Essential Nails home learn course a few years ago but i really really wish that i started with creative 100%. Start with the absolute best. I know they have a creative academy in loughton.
I think most people will tell you....GO WITH CREATIVE! :D

Thank you to you both, looks like I am going to look into Creative. Which I did think I would.

Thanks Rachel for info on queens road. I did wonder because it was so near.. I saw an advert in Ultimates (queens rd). I actually have friends in Loughton, its not that far.. do you know if there is a website for the Creative academy in Loughton?

I'm working evenings at the mo Rachael, at RBS :-( really need to get going on something else.. I have two small girls.. well 5 and 7 ..
Thanks for your replies..
I look forward to hopefully starting and learning lots from everyone on here..

Debs

how funny i too used to work at rbs in the evenings! Telemarketing!! AAHHHH! Awful job. Thats when i decided to get out so i started nail training!
Best thing i ever done.
Heres creative website for you, there contact details will be on there.

http://www.creativenaildesign.co.uk
There tel no. 0113 275 0433

If your serious about nails i think the best move would be to go with creative.

Good luck :D

Snap girls i worked at RBS as well doing authorisations in the call centre, i also live in eastwood and work in southend.

i intially trained with star nails at dagenham but then converted to creative and havent looked back. We often ahve geek meets in the area with other geeks, we reckon Eastwood ahs the highest amount of geeks in any area at the moment lol.

Pm me girls if ic an help in any way. Loughton does not ahve a website but designer nails does but the best thing is to ring them on tuesday and they will send you a brochure out.
HTH

Hi Debs,

I trained with Ezflow after I did a 4 day course with The Herts and Essex, still have a long way to go!!!!

I hope to do further courses in 2006 if I have the spare cash you know how it is after Christmas.

Glad to see you are looking into doing nails I am sure you will love it!

Caz xxx:D

Wow, Rbs has a lot to answer for LOL.. looks like it produces a lot of nail techs.. :) how funny. It is awful there.I just need a steady income..at the moment.

Thanks Caz too.. this is the lovely lady that told me about the site.. we've known each other for years, but only met once and that was by fluke, at the Zoo. She inspires me..
Debs xx

Oh bless you Debs :D

This is right we meet on a internet site when Debs had just had her 2nd daughter and I had just had Sydney my 4th daughter so this is 6 years ago now!!!!

We have been there for each other ever since and yes only meet the once this is when I had taken the kids to Colchester Zoo and text debs when I got there as I was going to drive to Southend after the zoo and thought I could meet up with her. She phoned me straight back and guess what she was also at Colchester Zoo so me meet up for the very first time.

Caz xxx

SuziQ said:
Wow, Rbs has a lot to answer for LOL.. looks like it produces a lot of nail techs.. :) how funny. It is awful there.I just need a steady income..at the moment.

Thanks Caz too.. this is the lovely lady that told me about the site.. we've known each other for years, but only met once and that was by fluke, at the Zoo. She inspires me..
Debs xx

hi suzi,

i also work at rbs, but in insurance, when i was looking into doing my course i called a few companies - nsi, creative and young nails, i went with creative(not knowing they were the best at that time) because the course sounded so good, i was trained by Fiona Wallace who i think is a geek on here, i thought i knew quite a lot about nails having had mines done for about 8 yrs before doing my course, but i was wrong, i also realised that i had been to a few bad techs, one used a drill on my natural nail, it was soo sore, but any way, you wont be dissapointed with creative, i wasnt.

honeyx

honey30 said:
hi suzi,

i also work at rbs, but in insurance, when i was looking into doing my course i called a few companies - nsi, creative and young nails, i went with creative(not knowing they were the best at that time) because the course sounded so good, i was trained by Fiona Wallace who i think is a geek on here, i thought i knew quite a lot about nails having had mines done for about 8 yrs before doing my course, but i was wrong, i also realised that i had been to a few bad techs, one used a drill on my natural nail, it was soo sore, but any way, you wont be dissapointed with creative, i wasnt.

honeyx

Hi Honey,
I rang Creative yesterday, and they are sending me info. I do have to say that I went to a Nail bar the first time I had my nails done and they used a drill, I had lots of pain for nearly a week, I spoke to Caz who told me never go to them again, so I went to my local one and I go there every fortnight, she is a lovely girl, and just finished her training in the salon.. nails are great.

xxx

Latest posts

Back