Male Clients - Gel extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow Bright

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you have male customers for gel extensions?

Had an enquiry today from a chap that likes to dress up and wanted to get his nails done for the day. I explained that it was quite time consuming to do a full set of sculpted french gels only to have them removed the same day, and of course the cost involved. He said he would need to get back to me as he was on his way to work. I think that if he does bother getting back to me that I may suggest putting tips on rather than sculpt, if he only wants them for the day then it might be quicker and easier - what would you suggest?
thanks

Yea id just do tips, unless you do fibreglass/silk nails as there good just for an occasion & can be removed easily x

Do you offer Gelish, Shellac or any SOG? Provided he doesn't want them like talons, you could do some short extensions with tips and they'd soak off easily next day x

Hi Rainbow, if he does get back to you and you are comfortable with doing it then I would offer him the full service. Remind him of the cost to apply and then to remove at the end of the day. After all his money is as good as anybody else's if it's what he wants to do. If you are short on time and can't really fit him in then you could explain the shorter easier method. Just cover yourself by saying they're not as strong as the gel method. Hope you don't worry about it too much. Like you say IF he gets back to you.
Also I suppose that coming to you is part of his whole experience as dressing up as a woman for the day. Maybe he won't mind how much time he will spend with you. Hth all the best Wendy x

Thanks for your comments. I was a bit surprised initially, but then thought he is a paying customer like anyone else, and I'd be ok with doing it. Just was thinking of what would be the best/easiest option to offer him - he probably wont get back to me anyway!

What about weekend nails? If he only wants to wear them for the evening they would be perfect and easy to remove. You could then give then a lovely polish.xx

Latest posts

Back