Massage advice please - hip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy1985

Reaction score
Hi
I recently qualified in massage. I had a male client come in for a 30min massage, he suffers from Osteoarthritis and he said he has a lot of massage done on his hip to help relieve it. I done some massage on front of his legs then turned him over and focused on this area area. It was a 30minute massage and he seemed pleased, and has rebooked an hour one saturday!

My qns is, can anyone more experienced share how they would go about doing an hour massage for a male client wanting focus on mainly the hip area?
This wasn't really covered in my training and although he was very happy with the last treatment, an hour is a lot longer and I want to be able to offer a good service to benefit.

Thanks in advance :)
Mandy

When I was trained we were told you cannot touch a man from the top of the thigh to the lower back. He might be better with a sports massage

When I was trained we were told you cannot touch a man from the top of the thigh to the lower back. He might be better with a sports massage
How unusual. Can i ask why? When i was trained, i was trained not to massage the stomach area only

I was also taught not to massage the inner upper thigh in men as it's an area of arousal. I was taught to massage the stomach though! Different methods of teaching I guess. But I just don't massage men at all now ;)

Funny how there are so many different techniques. Doesnt mean any are wrong, just different. I was taught massaging the stomach can cause an erection but now that i think of it, the upper inner thigh would feel more arousing than the stomach in my opinion

Latest posts

Back