Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people get caught up in light !!!!!!! and a lot of companies scare you into buying their light to cure their gel, however uv light is uv light no one company has invented it and no one company actually manufacture their lamps they mostly out source. So the likely hood is that they are coming form the same place as you get your lamp if you buy it form e'bay. the bulbs for example are made by osram and if you buy from cnd or opi or biosculpture they are the same bulb

I have always just used a generic lamp, the only design feature is where the bulbs are located within the lamp

My gel cures under a uv light wave of between 365nm and 405nm most lamps range at about 395nm ( i think that is right ) so any bog standard lamp thats a 36 watt traditional uv tunnel lamp ( that you mention) or the 6g from any of the gel polish companies( that looks like a pyramid) or the 18 g thats the five finger cure from gelish etc all work well.

All gel shrinks back and this is more evident when it is a colour, because my gel is clear it shrinks back less.

it all depends on how fast you work, i was brought up on biosculpture and they recommend 2 finger cure so i tend to do less fingers quicker and with led you can do that.

I would base coat 4 nails
then apply colour to 4 nails
then apply colour to 2 nails ( being a bit more carefull) and so on
curing each time working until your happy with the result and then top coat all 4 and cure
then work on the thumbs

if it takes you all day to paint 4 nails by the time you get to the last one the first one has shrunk back!!!!!!!!!!!

as i say all gel shrinks back if you hang around so you got to work it and get it in the lamp, however megamix is really pretty good, i have seen some gels that you put in the lamp and then when they come out look like they need infilling, for the most part megamix this stays where you put it :)

look forward to more questions
martin john

hints and tips are to dry brush the base coat
work quickly
paint the ends first, then apply to full nail
do an extra coat on the ends
flash cure ( i dont like to do that)
work on less fingers at a time as you are doing and rotate :)

I am looking to get lamps, they are just so expensive i did not think anyone would want to buy them but the one i have in mind is a generic version of the gelish 18 g five finger cure and is the best one i have found on the market so far.

A lot of people get caught up in light !!!!!!! and a lot of companies scare you into buying their light to cure their gel, however uv light is uv light no one company has invented it and no one company actually manufacture their lamps they mostly out source. So the likely hood is that they are coming form the same place as you get your lamp if you buy it form e'bay. the bulbs for example are made by osram and if you buy from cnd or opi or biosculpture they are the same bulb

I have always just used a generic lamp, the only design feature is where the bulbs are located within the lamp

My gel cures under a uv light wave of between 365nm and 405nm most lamps range at about 395nm ( i think that is right ) so any bog standard lamp thats a 36 watt traditional uv tunnel lamp ( that you mention) or the 6g from any of the gel polish companies( that looks like a pyramid) or the 18 g thats the five finger cure from gelish etc all work well.

All gel shrinks back and this is more evident when it is a colour, because my gel is clear it shrinks back less.

it all depends on how fast you work, i was brought up on biosculpture and they recommend 2 finger cure so i tend to do less fingers quicker and with led you can do that.

curing each time working until your happy with the result and then top coat all 4 and cure
then work on the thumbs

if it takes you all day to paint 4 nails by the time you get to the last one the first one has shrunk back!!!!!!!!!!!

as i say all gel shrinks back if you hang around so you got to work it and get it in the lamp, however megamix is really pretty good, i have seen some gels that you put in the lamp and then when they come out look like they need infilling, for the most part megamix this stays where you put it :)

martin john

work quickly

I am looking to get lamps, they are just so expensive i did not think anyone would want to buy them but the one i have in mind is a generic version of the gelish 18 g five finger cure and is the best one i have found on the market so far.

Thanks you are so helpful. Do you mind me asking where you got your lamp from? The Gelish one is Sooo expensive and I need to buy 4.

Im really excited im just about to put my order in :) sorry if this has already been covered by when mixing it with acrylic coloures, does this increase the strength of the product or is it only for colour purpose? X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

then work on the thumbs

martin john

work quickly

You have my full attention now you've mentioned lamps! I would be very interested to see this generic 18g alternative.

Hi I am very interested in this product however I am looking for a copy of the MSDS before I purchase. I have emailed them using they website with no reply so rang today to request them via email but still haven't received them so just wondered if any one else can send me a copy please ASAP so I can place an order. Thanks

Just ordered mine and I am soooooo excited for it to arrive. Can you really mix eye shadow with it? I have an eye shadow I would love to use with it!!

Just sat and read the entire thread, what a brilliant idea! Will definitely be introducing this to my clients soon! Can I have a copy of the MSDS as well please?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

OKAY PEOPLE
I have the msds it's in a pdf just trying to update my details on it name address etc and because I'm such numpty on the computer it's just a bit of a struggle.
hopefully it will be on my website tomorrow :)

Just ordered mine and I am soooooo excited for it to arrive. Can you really mix eye shadow with it? I have an eye shadow I would love to use with it!!
yea eyeshadow is great anything with colour really!

for best results ground your eyeshadow ( if it is nto loose) in a pestal and mortar I got one form b and m bargains for 1.99 and its great for the job :)

yea eyeshadow is great anything with colour really!

for best results ground your eyeshadow ( if it is nto loose) in a pestal and mortar I got one form b and m bargains for 1.99 and its great for the job :)

How much would it take for this? Obviously not in tsp ;)

You have my full attention now you've mentioned lamps! I would be very interested to see this generic 18g alternative.

Hi Twinners, I read your comment and it got me thinking (ouch)....lol

Did some research on "Generic" UV LED lamps. Never occurred to me before, I have always bought the lamp with the system of choice.... I was amazed at what I found.

My Gelish Lamp states (18g) 2-watt LED lights (=36 watts), so with that info I went looking....

18K hotsale 18W UV/LED automatic lamp nail gel polish 100-240Voltage | eBay

12W LED UV Light Nail Lamp Soak-Off Gel Polish Curing Dryer Machine Black Timer | eBay

Hope this helps for you to maybe track down your generic lamp, I am certainly interested in this and the Megamix.:wink2:

Last edited:
How much would it take for this? Obviously not in tsp ;)
just the end of your pusher just tiny amounts keep adding a little at a time untill you like the mix :)

Did some research on "Generic" UV LED lamps. Never occurred to me before, I have always bought the lamp with the system of choice.... I was amazed at what I found.

My Gelish Lamp states (18g) 2-watt LED lights (=36 watts), so with that info I went looking....

12W LED UV Light Nail Lamp Soak-Off Gel Polish Curing Dryer Machine Black Timer | eBay

Hope this helps for you to maybe track down your generic lamp, I am certainly interested in this and the Megamix.:wink2:
thats the one just without the swirls on it just plain white and with a 3 pin english plug
(some only have european plugs)

Do you have a Canadian distributor yet? I have some Essie and Opi polishes that are begging to be used.

Do you have a Canadian distributor yet? I have some Essie and Opi polishes that are begging to be used.
not yet sage 2332 but i can look into shipping for you if you are interested

It might be really expensive but it's worth a shot. I also gave your website to the company where I buy all of my stuff from. They are awesome and I love them so you might hear from them :) I am a sucker for great customer service and really enjoy how quick, honest and open you are. I am already pro megamix and never even used your product haha

Hi Sass,
I find ur research very interesting and was just looking at your findings! Am I correct in thinking that the second one is a stronger lamp than the gelish lamp! This is amazing.
I have purchased my mega mix already but not had a chance to play with it yet. I am finished my training tomorrow and plan to try a few things D)

the second one contains ccfl it is OK but curing in truth will take slightly longer if you have led gels that can cure in 30 seconds

the 18k is more powerful with superior led bulb this will cure all five fingers 30 seconds no problem

the 18k is a better lamp same as 18g they have a 6k same as 6g but is almost same price as 6g so i would stick with the 6g but 18k great price cant compere

ccfl/with uv led is great but a lot slower the cheaper one is ok for toes you are looking at 60 seconds really for uv led gel polish cure

try to get lamps that have the same bulb as in the 18k as they are of better quality and are in most of the big branded lamps the ones that look like these in the picture tend to blow out i feel

Light-emitting diode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you would be better of with a sally hansen /sensationail pro lamp then the cheaper one of ebay i feel and it will be faster

this one finger lamp has a bulb like that in 18k/18g/6k/6g superior uv led will last so much longer very powerful

https://www.facebook.com/fusegelnamel

the other led bulb type that last well and is better then the cheaper one with ccfl is that in gelish pro 45

hope this helps little better towards megamixing with what you like in a uv led lamp
Everything Katie D said correct great advice katie.

If you can get an 18g 18k for between £100 - £150 with the better type of led lights in then ( not the round bulb ones the inside bulb surrounded by facets type ones )

it's worth investing that bit extra
:)

thanks katie for your explanation :) saved me a job wink

It might be really expensive but it's worth a shot. I also gave your website to the company where I buy all of my stuff from. They are awesome and I love them so you might hear from them :) I am a sucker for great customer service and really enjoy how quick, honest and open you are. I am already pro megamix and never even used your product haha
sage thanks for the heads up i will look into it :)

Well Martin, if you put your name behind an led lamp, I will buy it. Just please don't call it a MegaLamp lol!

Latest posts

Back