Milia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticen rustem

Reaction score
just wondering how would you remove millia spots? is it safe to remove with sterex needles by hand ?

It would depend where the milia are and whether or not you have been trained. If the milia is on the eyelids then it is advised that a doctor removes them otherwise they can be done with a sterile needle.

HAving said that I had a very annoying one on my eyelids which I removed myself with a sterile needle and have had no problems with it but I wouldn't necessarily recommend a DIY job if not qualified!!

I don't remove Milia, I massage them everyday and it seems to make the sebum absorb back in. I had one on my eyelid and it worked. I advise my clients to do this and cut down on dairy - I was told that a lot of dairy can cause them - was told this at college but I've never really looked into if it's true or not

My mum has a huge one on her eyelid and i would love to remove it for her, just don't feel confident enough to poke around with needles that close to such a delicate area. It doesn't really bother her, and she's had it for years, should she get it removed by a doctor or just leave it alone if it's not causing any discomfort?

I don't remove melia on clients at all now.We used to do it with microlances but i haven't now for years i don't do any spot squeezing either.

Some therapists are trained in milia removal using advanced electrolysis techniques, thsi may be an option. I have had a few removed this way and it was a little tender, but definatly worth it. I would personally never attempt to do it myself, especially if they are under the eye, if i wasnt trained (will be next month- very excited!). These are just my opinions HTHs :)

just wondering how would you remove millia spots? is it safe to remove with sterex needles by hand ?
Hi Milia is the build up of dead skin.Regularly exfoliating will help keep milia at bay.Also A course of microdermabrasion or glycolic acid peels will all help the skin to naturally shed the dead skin cells,thus avoiding milia.

Some clients naturally seem to have more milia than others,sometimes its inherited and sometimes it's using incorrect facial products and other cosmetics.

Milia are easy to remove,apart from those around the eyes,especially the lids.These areas should not be touched.

I was taught to use a sterilised needle,first use an alcohol based cleanser then pop the milia and use a comedone extractor,the milia will just pop out.Once this has happened wipe again with the alcohol.

Although it's easy to do I wouldn't do it in the salon at all unless covered by your insurance for obvious reasons.HTH:green:

I had two white lumps of Milia on my eyelid which I squeezed and scratched and got out with alot of pain and it was very tender - don't try this at home! This was a while ago.

Is it likely to return?

I had two white lumps of Milia on my eyelid which I squeezed and scratched and got out with alot of pain and it was very tender - don't try this at home! This was a while ago.

Is it likely to return?
They can do,some of us are more prone.Its difficult to remove them from eyelid because you cant put any presure on eyelid properly.

I would have a look at what eye make up remover products your using and mae sure you use a good eye cream.

They can do,some of us are more prone.Its difficult to remove them from eyelid because you cant put any presure on eyelid properly.

I would have a look at what eye make up remover products your using and mae sure you use a good eye cream.

I just use a moisturiser, rarely wear make up - never cleanse tone and moisturise and just exfoliate with scrub when I'm feeling manky! I always use a flannel to wash my face and occasionally use Clarins under eye gel and Elemis Lip rescue!! And I mean OCCASIONALLY. And I only got them because they came highly recommended!

I'm concerned about putting too much of anything on my face to be honest, I figured that anything has chemicals in and chemicals can't be good.

I don't think my skin looks bad at all though. My mum had milia spots too on her eyes.

I just use a moisturiser, rarely wear make up - never cleanse tone and moisturise and just exfoliate with scrub when I'm feeling manky! I always use a flannel to wash my face and occasionally use Clarins under eye gel and Elemis Lip rescue!! And I mean OCCASIONALLY. And I only got them because they came highly recommended!

I'm concerned about putting too much of anything on my face to be honest, I figured that anything has chemicals in and chemicals can't be good.

I don't think my skin looks bad at all though. My mum had milia spots too on her eyes.
I would exfoliate regularly to prevent the dead skin from building up,blocking pores and causing milia.2 to 3 times a week no more with a gentle exfoliant.

Dont overload your skin with products,too much product can be a major cause of milia.

Use your eye serum daily to prevent the skin drying out,but as I said dont overload.Also lip balms can cause problems with milia around the lip line.HTH

I would exfoliate regularly to prevent the dead skin from building up,blocking pores and causing milia.2 to 3 times a week no more with a gentle exfoliant.

Dont overload your skin with products,too much product can be a major cause of milia.

Use your eye serum daily to prevent the skin drying out,but as I said dont overload.Also lip balms can cause problems with milia around the lip line.HTH

thanks babsann! i definitely suffer with blocked pores but figured putting stuff on would make them more blocked!

I went a while ago and was recommended all that Clinique stuff but it didn't do anything for me.

I could do with seeing someone who could do skin analysis genuinly, without trying to flog me as much as poss, and really recommend good products... as I'm getting older now :lol:

thanks babsann! i definitely suffer with blocked pores but figured putting stuff on would make them more blocked!

I went a while ago and was recommended all that Clinique stuff but it didn't do anything for me.

I could do with seeing someone who could do skin analysis genuinly, without trying to flog me as much as poss, and really recommend good products... as I'm getting older now :lol:
There is no point whatsoever putting your products on your skin without regularly exfoliating,this is because the products you put on your skin will just sit on top of the unshed,dead skin cells.

Follow my advice and you will be amazed at the difference in your skin,your skin will be brighter,clearer and unblocked not to mention moisturised.

We only have one skin and it's important to look after it before the wrinkles set in,prevention's better than cure.Als0 dont forget, the eyes are one of the first places to show signs of ageing.HTH:green:

P.s Try going to a salon that has been recommended,rather than picking one out of the Yellow pages.Word of mouth is always the best way to go.Good luck.xx

I used my electrolysis needle with a little heat and tapped the skin and out it popped (i had several) - this has been the best way for me as even popping it with a microlance then squeezing it out has never worked for me - ended up with broken veins etc.

I have used my electrolysis machine for getting rid of verucaes and warts on hand and thread veins. (but not on clients!!)

what is the best size sterex needle to use on milia ?

what is the best size sterex needle to use on milia ?

I would refer back to your training notes as it should be covered in there. If not could you speak with your trainer ?

Sorry I can't be more help !

I would refer back to your training notes as it should be covered in there. If not could you speak with your trainer ?

Sorry I can't be more help !
thanks but im not trained also dont have a trainer, i would like to know for my self, i have a 005 sterex needle but i wondered if there was a better one ?

thanks but im not trained also dont have a trainer, i would like to know for my self, i have a 005 sterex needle but i wondered if there was a better one ?

If you really want it done, I'd recommend going to a salon that offers this treatment :green:

If you really want it done, I'd recommend going to a salon that offers this treatment :green:
i would if i could but i suffer from agoraphobia

Latest posts

Back