Missing Geeg

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya, does anyone know if Geeg is ok, i havnt seen her on here for a while and its not the same without her. xxx

She has been in Madrid renuing her US Passport!! They are driving back to Benissa as I type!! She sure has a lot to come back to!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

I can't wait lol
x

Yep she is back with new passport and ploughing through her emails lol

Take care Dawnie xx

It sure is nice to be missed!! Thanks for that those who did!! lol

I had a not very nice experience when I went to pick up Dee (Jaydee) at the airport in Alicante the other week. My handbag was stolen as we sat and had a coffee!! Nice welcome for him eh?? New Mobile phone, credit cards, Drivers License, money, wallet, and of course the Passport.

Anyway, as an American citizen, the only embassy is in Madrid (550 km from here) where I been to renew my PP!! I thought I'd have to queue all day, but it was all very efficient thank goodness. It was so COLD in Madrid, but it is the most beautiful city and at least it was sunny.:D Had to be there by 8am but was finished by 10am so not too bad.

ANYWAY .... you've all been having fun since I've been gone!! I haven't caught up on everything yet but Glad to see Deni has got her just rewards!! Well done.

As far as the other matter is concerned ... all I can say is that many of you are so nice to give the benefit of the doubt to this Trudi .. I don't see how Mrs Geek kept quiet for so long .. but the reality is different than the way she and her husband are presenting it (naturally). The girl is trying to make a quick buck in a greedy way and she will get her comeuppance in time one way or another. I can't be bothered by silly people like her. They are the first to call others greedy when in fact they are the greediest of all charging nearly the same prices and having no overheads at all. And frankly anyone who knows and has bothered to COMPARE CND prices with others,
(instead of just assuming that they are the highest) will know that they
are in line with the rest of the industry even though CND products are at the highest end and the most advanced. I just can't be bothered to justify any more the cost of nail products in the UK. It has been done so many times and most suppliers offera allot more than just products to their customers.

Remember that one or 2 bad apples can spoil the barrel and she is not going to be allowed to do it anymore. Knowing Samuel's backround, I can only give her 100% in the 'cheek' department for trying to run an illegal distributorship on HIS website. The sheer brass neck of it astounds me.

The outcome would have been no different for her if we had found out say thru Anthony that she was doing the same scam with EZF products (this for those who think it is all about CND). It isn't. Samuel is one of the most fair minded people in the world and those who say any different do not know him, this site, or are just cynics.

So if you were waiting for my 2 cents, there they are!!

Great Gigi, and so say all of us!

Well said Geeg, and it's really good to have you back!

It's great to have you back....happy mothers day xxx

Geeg so glad your back and I would like to Thank You for clarifing the Geekbay too Dear post. I was being professional and some thought I was just being nasty (Thats not my way).

lell said:
Geeg so glad your back and I would like to Thank You for clarifing the Geekbay too Dear post. I was being professional and some thought I was just being nasty (Thats not my way).

I am well aware of the type of person you are and so should others also be as you are a frequent poster and it is not your style to be confrontational.

MOTIVE!!! An important word to remember for everyone.

When you see a nasty post or a nasty reaction to a post that has been non aggressive in nature but only informative then THINK ..... what is the motive of the poster in the first place?????

A recent example is the one about typing errors (because they obviously were not spelling mistakes now were they??) What was the motive behind that post?? Hmm? Anyone whose true motive was to help the company involved by pointing out these minor errors (and DN would be glad to have the info) would have done just that and emailed the company involved right??? Wouldn't that have been the normal thing a nice person would have done?
So what we have to ask ourselves is what was the motive behind the person's post to the whole of the geek community??? ........................ It was a put down ... in anyone's book it was an attempt to make (in this case) CND look stupid or bad or incompetent or whatever. THAT was the motive.

In the case of the illegal CND distributor HER motive is to make CND look like greedy so 'n so's whilst she is doing everyone a favor by selling illegal goods for a cheaper price and of course not getting anything out of it for herself .. oh no .. in fact she being the greediest of all because she is selling illegally obtained goods (she is not trained nor is her husband) that have been transported illegally to the UK, and posted illegally thru the regular post .... COME ON .... anyone can sell stuff cheaper if it is come by illegally.

So although it is nice for everyone to be kind and stick up for the poster, have a look between the lines when you see a post like these and look for the motive .... both posters showed their true colours soon enough when challenged and I'm sure many regretted giving their support to them in the first instance.

Nice to know you're back Geeg! I miss your expertise being a novice myself and just trying at the moment to be a better novice! Being new I have searched around at different products (files etc) and find that Creative work out no dearer or not by much than other companies anyway, and to be honest I really prefer to work with what I've been taught to use and am afraid to stray from the very little I know.
Glad your back on here to help with my many questions!!!

lell said:

look at what I just received (from anonymous of course) in my reputation box!!!

"we all have to earn a living, I'm sure when you was a student or training you was out to save money!! so what if trudy gets it cheaper no harm done is there?we dont question about what you all charge for nails! look on geek bay she was not the only 1"

So to make an answer, because the person of course didn't leave their name, let me say this. Even when I started out, I never tried to make money off anyone by being dishonest. If I couldn't afford something then I didn't buy it ... period. I certainly did not obtain it by deception and fraudulently, put others at risk and then try to flog it to others. I worked my tail off and made money doing nails and doing them well and I focused on that.

There cannot be many other professions where the actual cost of the products to do a service is so inexpensive. A full set, 3.50 tops????? How much do you have to save on that??

I'm sure there are lots of Trudi's around and I can tell you this miss anonymous person ... whatever they do they will never make it because they haven't got the right MOTIVE. I don't waste an ounce of my energy worrying about people like this because they are not worth an ounce of my energy.

Saying "we all have to earn a living" gives anyone carte blanch to do just about anything now doesn't it? It is not an argument worth discussing.

I was going to send you a pm to welcome you back Gigi, but I just wanted to thank you for your advice about the Nimue skincare range that you gave me on a thread a while back. I went to their stand at Excel and had a long chat there, and then Marianne from Nimue came to the salon and gave us a demo.

Well what fabulous stuff it is, Kelly and I just fell in love with it and HAD to have it. And I am sure we will do very well with the retail side, not only because of the packaging designed by Saatchi and Saatchi which is fab, but because the products are simple to use and really work and gave us such confidence to be able to promote it enthusiastically.

As to all the other stuff that's happened whilst you've been gone, it was obvious that certain people were just loving revving us all up and getting us to react. However I think they came out of it with egg on their faces, and thank goodness we're back to proper geeking aimed at true professionals.

geeg said:
.. whatever they do they will never make it because they haven't got the right MOTIVE. I don't waste an ounce of my energy worrying about people like this because they are not worth an ounce of my energy.

Saying "we all have to earn a living" gives anyone carte blanch to do just about anything now doesn't it? It is not an argument worth discussing.

Game, set and match to GEEG! :D

I must agree. I often buy other brands of polish as I assumed they were cheaper. So...............what did I do at EXCEL? I bought £80 of 'cheaper brand' polishes (still good ones though) at £3.20 a bottle only to get to the CND stand and find a whole wall of delicious colours for £2.75 a bottle. :cry: Think there was another 10% off that as well. Still, I've learnt by my mistake. In future I'll check out the price of what I really want first. It didn't stop me spening another £60 with CND though LOL. Yippee!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SPENDING. xxx

Geeg... there isn't anyone else quite like you for "putting things into perspective", for that I applaud you, you have qualities I admire greatly, not only that but you are a lovely person too. I'm not saying this to "creep" or anything else for that matter (I've got no need to) but just to say "way to freakin' go" for standing up for what you believe in so passionately.
Sandi x

ValencianNails said:
Geeg... there isn't anyone else quite like you for "putting things into perspective", for that I applaud you, you have qualities I admire greatly, not only that but you are a lovely person too. I'm not saying this to "creep" or anything else for that matter (I've got no need to) but just to say "way to freakin' go" for standing up for what you believe in so passionately.
Sandi x

Its hard to show your appreciation without sounding like a 'suck-up', but there are some people out there who really want to slate this site, and I think its important to show your support!

And its clear that the true geeks are all supportive, encouraging and more than happy to help.

I'm so glad to have found this site

xxxx :D xxxxxxx

well said, i also think its hard to be nice or supportive without people think you are brown nosing..when i first came on here i didn't know how to take you Geeg, i thought you where a bit sharp with people, then as time went on i realized my mistake, its not sharp its honest, straight and reliable. If i ever have a problem its you amongst others that i hope reply as its a honest straight and reliable answer i want. I think the message you got was rude and disrespectful.

thats all i wanted to say. xxx

NailStyle said:
well said, i also think its hard to be nice or supportive without people think you are brown nosing..when i first came on here i didn't know how to take you Geeg, i thought you where a bit sharp with people, then as time went on i realized my mistake, its not sharp its honest, straight and reliable. If i ever have a problem its you amongst others that i hope reply as its a honest straight and reliable answer i want. I think the message you got was rude and disrespectful.

Please everyone listen to me.
I am a nail techncian just like you.
I am not a person anyone should 'suck up to' or not.
I am passionate just like the best of you are.
I want the best for our industry.
I want British and Irish techs to be the best technicians and the best educated technicians and to be thought of as professionals and respected.

I have no time for the 'back door' boys or those who think they can do it all by cutting corners on education and service and the others who think they are clever clogs and can make it against people like us. They never will.

I have no time for those who 'play' at the job and try to spoil the reputation of those who are giving their all to become the best they can be.

I've been around a long time. I have seen people like this come and go by the dozens and dozens!! They are just the latest in a long line of loosers that I have come across. They think they are the first to do these things?? Come on!!

I can spot a post from one of these types a mile away without my glasses. They are not subtle.
They haven't the intelligence to be subtle.
Some people will be taken in and most of us won't.
Professionals do not buy from this type of person. Other short-cutters and amateurs seek this type out to make what they think is a saving and usually turns out not to be.

Let they who want to take their chances. I like an easy life. Put an order in and buy it. Get it next day. Any probs I send it back and the prob is dealt with. Why have the potential hassel for the sake of saving a few cents? I like getting my 2 monthly updates and deal sheets. I love all the things that make me look like the professional I am and I like in the main getting it all from one professional supplier who I have a relationship with.
I do not suffer fools. So I may come across a bit harsh at times but at least I am honest even if some don't like the comments I make.
I never knowingly set out to upset anyone. If I do I ask pardon because a hurtful person I am NOT.

NailStyle said:

I quite agree with you Angie,

I have realised if i get a critisim from Geeg that it will be constructive and i will learn something from it. Geeg doesnt mince her words and we wouldnt want her to, as you stay on here for longer you realise exactly how much she does to help and support us, and rude ignorant people upsetting the site we do not need. Bad Apples go away we don't need you, let us geek in peace.

x

Latest posts

Back