Mixing Gelish and nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was defiantly for full coverage NOT nail art, I rembered it because I started one of the threads lol ! It was when I was using Akzents ! Not advised by the chemists that make it but for personal use, which is what the op talked about, it worked !!!

Sure it did. It worked so well that everyone is now doing it! Not.

Geek, why do you feel the need to be sooo patronising and rude ? We know you have a wealth of experience etc but all I mentioned was that I had started a thread about mixing polish with gel, thought maybe the op might like to look it up, you thought it was regarding nail art which it was not. The poster asked for other peoples experiences of which I have replied. We are often told off for our spelling etc and asked to check through befor we post, maybe we should be asked to read through to see if we will upset or offend anyone?

I feel like banging my head against a brick wall here! Would insurance be valid if you are mixing two completely different products?!?

I think geeg is more than qualified to give advice about this subject and advice in the nail industry as a whole.I would have to be doing nails for the next 150 years to even come close to what this fabulous lady knows.

I think when advice is given it should be sucked up like a sponge and acted upon not getting all silly and arguing the toss when the advice is completely relevant and true.

I take peoples advice all the time and I act upon it and remember it and better myself and my skills with this advice.

I feel like banging my head against a brick wall here! Would insurance be valid if you are mixing two completely different products?!?

Of course my insurance wouldnt cover me, which is why, as I stated, these were on my own nails ???

Can I bang mine next to yours?:grr:

I think geeg is more than qualified to give advice about this subject and advice in the nail industry as a whole.I would have to be doing nails for the next 150 years to even come close to what this fabulous lady knows.

I think when advice is given it should be sucked up like a sponge and acted upon not getting all silly and arguing the toss when the advice is completely relevant and true.

I take peoples advice all the time and I act upon it and remember it and better myself and my skills with this advice.

Exactly, which is why I didn't give advice, just a personal experience, nowhere did I, or the op mention that this would be performed on a paying customer !

I think there has been some profound statements made on this thread and there also unnessisary if you don't want to take an experts advice then dont start a thread about it.

Dear headbangers,
I have a glass of wine. You're welcomed to join me. Lol

Exactly, which is why I didn't give advice, just a personal experience, nowhere did I, or the op mention that this would be performed on a paying customer !

I've given my opinion and I shal not be getting involved anymore I'm commenting on some peoples ridiculous comments and not wanting to take an experts advice and then saying she is rude.
I don't agree with that statement purely because geeg probably gets stressed out with giving advice that gets thrown straight back in her mooey because some dont like to take advice and utelise it they would rather argue the toss.

I wonder sometimes why the experts even bother giving advice it would stress me out lol

I think there has been some profound statements made on this thread and there also unnessisary if you don't want to take an experts advice then dont start a thread about it.

You are quite right, I get fantastic advice from this forum but some things that are said are very unnecessary. I for one am finding this all very childish but I WILL stick up for myself and anyone else who has posted something that has been miss understood.

At the end of the day the poster DID say that these were done on a FRIEND who would have been aware on the fact that she was mixing product, as I have done at my own risk, I will re read in a minute, but as far am I'm aware she/he wasn't asking for advice.

I am more than happy to continue this debate over something very trivial but as I said I do find it very childish, and I do think people should think about what is being posted in case any offence may be taken.

Last edited:
And relax ;)! It's tea time !

Blimey this thread has got very heated!

If she was mixing products on herself then fair enough, she only has herself to blame if it goes wrong but doing it on a client whether it be a friend, stranger, freebie or paying is just wrong! Even if she did have the clients permission to do it if something did go wrong and the client decided to make a claim against the technician then she would be screwed!

I am a nails newbie and this is my opinion. I would never mix any chemicals and use on myself. Let alone a friend.

I do not think anyone's posts are rude. We all are trying to make our own points I guess. In this particular case though, I have to agree mixing products and curing under a lamp is not a very good idea.

Can I bang mine next to yours?:grr:

Yes let's bang them together! Lol!

Oh and I've just read the post above about a glass of wine...I'll have a bottle of Rose if I may please?! ;)

Lol ! It's all about a the miss understanding of something very simple ! Did you read the thread, it is basically saying that it is not recomended by the chemists but can be done, so long as its on yourself as you wouldnt be insured on others, exactlly what the op said ! Dont know why it all got sooo intense and heated ! Enough said !

Thank you lilly for finding the thread for me!

Also about being a sponge and absorbing advice, Im all for that. But sometimes advice is not given to help. For example the "avice" below is not exactly constructive.

I want nothing less than to offend anyone but regardless of ones stature or experience i think it is minimum kindness to respect other people and not dismiss their opinions as bullcrap (see the quote above). I thought this was a place to share ideas and have constructive conversations.

... and on that note, I think it's now time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back