Mobile beauty van

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mara79

Reaction score
Hi geeks..i'm thinking about buying a mobile beauty van wich is already kitted out to a high standard..would like to go to events and festivals etc..would like to know your thoughts on this...thanks!

My boyfriends mum has a dog grooming mobile van & we joked about getting a lorry & me doing beauty in there to.
It works really really well for her.
I think it's a good idea but there are lots of pros an cons that you would need to weigh up before hand.

I know when I went to bestival I was desperate for a massage after sleeping on the floor lol & would of loved it if I could of popped in a van for one lol!
What treatments would you be offering?

Xxx

I love the idea of a mobile beauty van! It's halfway between a salon and being mobile in someone's home, it's quite quirky and I'd give it a whirl if there was one doing visits in my area! Good luck if you go for it!

Amazing idea, what could pros and cons be ? X

I had this idea about 8 years ago and didn't go for it at the end 'cause of difficulties with parking in driveways etc.
But if you go for it, good luck :) xxx

Not much help I know, but I looked into this about 3 years ago when I thought about getting out of salon. Really quite liked the idea, the van was fab, and the possibilites and different uses of it were endless, but ultimately just couldn't decide what to do, so just kept the idea on the back burner and did nothing about it!

Out of interest, would really love to read about anyone who has gone down this route, to see their experiences etc ......

Hi guys..thanks so much for your positive comments..i'd offer spray tan,waxing,teeth whitening,nails,massage,tinting,eyelash extensions(prob strip or cluster for club nights/festivals...would also like to ask big companies that have call centres to park for a couple of days in their car park..say a thurs/fri so people can get treatmentments for the weekends! the overheads are so low compared to running a salon..would also hope in the future to get a bigger one and a hairdresser on board to offer a complete service..like hair & make up re-vamps for events and weddings! cheers:D

I think this is a fab idea! Would love to see a piccy of a fully kitted out van if anyone has one :D x

i'm waiting on the guy sending me more pics..when he does i will post them..pamper me prettty! if your in glasgow..maybe if i get into club nights events etc you could give me a hand lol! x

i'm waiting on the guy sending me more pics..when he does i will post them..pamper me prettty! if your in glasgow..maybe if i get into club nights events etc you could give me a hand lol! x
Haha, yeah defo! Would be quite an experience I think :D x

i'm doing alot of market research just now..just emailed some dance competition events and rockness! i know theres a company called vanity bus but they're huge and have 250 staff covering alot of the festivals plus corporate events but they charge a fortune..i've been to rockness for the last 4 years and know i'd have paid for a hair and make up re-vamp on the sunday morning lol saves you doing it yourself especially when your dying with a hangover! x

yeah thats what it kind of looks like except it has a spray tan shower curtain bit too..x

just called the lady from beauty on wheels just to get a bit advice etc..and she wouldnt give me it lol..she said shes trying to patent the idea so no-one else can copy(even though theres already a company doing it lol!!) plus i'm nowhere near her..i'm in scotland lol..very abrupt on the phone..really dont see how she can patent an idea that someone else has already thought of!!:mad:

just had another idea lol! when its not festival season..i could do mobile IPl and dermabrasion like a mobile asthetics van..people could easliy get this done at their lunch breaks etc if i was outside big companies! thoughts please people...thanks x

this is what i wanted to do!!! but my dad said no because i can't be trusted to drive a large vehicle so now i've just got a berlingo van to drive to peoples houses.... booohooo!!

I want a van now!! lol x

lol i hadnt even thought of the actual driving of the van! i'm bad enough in my car!! x

lol i hadnt even thought of the actual driving of the van! i'm bad enough in my car!! x

haha i used to drive a little fiesta before i got my berlingo van, i was AWFUL to start with! i couldnt reverse it, i didnt know the width of it, but after a few months of driving it and a few evenings going down to my local carpark and practicing reverse parking (never drive into a space with a van!) i'm like lewis hamilton!!!

pamper me pretty..we can defo do some sort of joint thing especially when i need to go through glasgow way! x

Latest posts

Back