Mobile... but not!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Are any of you mobile, but you don't or can't drive?

If so has this caused you many problems?

Thanks

Louise x :D

Thats me, can't drive so get the hubby to do it when i get a client which isn't very often!!! Probably cause i don't advertise!

louise said:
Hi all,

Are any of you mobile, but you don't or can't drive?

If so has this caused you many problems?

Thanks

Louise x :D

I am mobile and do drive and I can assure you that it will cause problems.

You can't really be a mobile technician without access to wheels. Thats unless you partner or family will be ready to run you and wait for your or pick you up again whenever you get a booking - if you have then you are very luckly.

I recommend you try and gain employment in a salon or rent space in a salon, untill you have passed your test (NB i am guessing you haven't yet hence the quesiton).

I hope this helps you decide what the best route is for you.

I have to agree....i dont see how it would work unless you had some very nice friends who would be willing to drop you off and pick you up.....i'd say go to a salon or work from home and in the mean time start taking driving lessons.....xxxxx

I am taking lessons at the moment, it will be so much easier when i pass. I get a lift from my boyfriend when i can

I will go to the clients house if i can get a lift, but im quite lucky - its always worked out best if the client came to my house anyway!

You could use a bicycle for nearby clients, and try buses, trains and taxis for the rest.
If you don't have too much equipment and don't travel too far, it might not be too bad.

Thanx all for your very useful advice. I did have driving lessons but then fell pregnant so had too stop them,& somehow don't ever seem to have the time to restart them(i must though!).

I am going to post some leaflets over the next couple of days, just locallyso hopefully clients will be either in walking distance or they might come to me.

when you have had clients before how can you ask them politely if they would mind coming to you. Also i only havemy kitchen table spare at the moment, do you think this is okay, or is it not that proffesional?

You never know my lucky numbers might come up tonight & then i could buy myself a lovely nail bar, oh well we can dream!

Sorry for waffling on!

Louise x :D :D :D

louise said:
Thanx all for your very useful advice. I did have driving lessons but then fell pregnant so had too stop them,& somehow don't ever seem to have the time to restart them(i must though!).

I am going to post some leaflets over the next couple of days, just locallyso hopefully clients will be either in walking distance or they might come to me.

when you have had clients before how can you ask them politely if they would mind coming to you. Also i only havemy kitchen table spare at the moment, do you think this is okay, or is it not that proffesional?

You never know my lucky numbers might come up tonight & then i could buy myself a lovely nail bar, oh well we can dream!

Sorry for waffling on!

Hi Louise,

As the others have already said, you can't advertise as mobile if you are unable to get from a to b. If I was you I would advertise as a "home based" nail technician, that way when people phone they know they would have to come to you..

Working in your kitchen isn't a problem as long as you have no interuptions.

HTH

Latest posts

Back