Mobile & Level 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
Hi guys been a lurker this is my first post.

I am qualified to NVQ level 2 Beauty Therapy and have now started to set up mobile. Im currently at college doing my level 3 but hate it.

As i just want to do mobile do i really have to have the level 3 qualifiaction?

What have other mobile therapists done?

cheers

You can do what treatments you enjoy as mobile so you don't Have!!! To do level 3. But it could lead onto other things later on. There are some treatments you may later want to train in and you have to have level 3 to ba able to. You never know what you might want to do in years to come, while you are young and courses are free I would get as much behind me as poss. Then you will be in a great possition to pick and choose. In my day there was only one course. But am having to do extra courses that aren't cheap to keep up with new treatments. I would stick at it Hun you will be glad you did. You can do your mobile part time to get started. Hth.xx

cheers for the reply hun.

i have had to pay for my course already as im 27. i know what you mean about carrying on with level 3, maybe i should go down the holistic route instead of electrical.

im all confused:confused:

Hiya,

I agree...level 3 opens the doors to many other things within the industry...and once you have it...no one can take it away from you. Try and stick with it...it WILL be worth it in the long run!

Good luck,

Sarah x

cheers for your reply

whats putting me off is trying to get clients into college so i can be assessed. I have asked family, friends etc but they all say they are not willing to pay upto £15 for a treatment they dont want.

Also if outside clients come in then all the girls in the class are fighting over them. its driving me mad!

I would keep with it ....have you tried posting on the "models required" part of this site and on "salon guinea pig" I'm sure there must be people out there who would be only too happy to get a reduced price treatment.
Are you on Facebook? Set up your own group and get all your friends to invite their friends then you can message and ask for a model for whatever you're practising next.
What about your mobile clients? Are none of them up for trying some new treatments, how about offering them a small discount off their next few treatments with you (the ones they already have) in exchange for them helping you out, that way they may not begrudge paying out the £15 at the college, yes it means you're reducing your profit on a few treatments but in the long run I'm sure it will benefit you. And you never know, they may really like the treatment and continue to have the treatment from you when you've qualified.

Good luck with it.

Lou xx

When my students can't get clients, we sometimes 'borrow' other students from the hairdressing departments and vice-versa....just a thought??? x

hey i went down the holistic route and even though i love it i wish i took the electrical because everyone wants you to have electrical behind you. i dont know why but thats what im faced with all the time

I started the level 3 and hated the electrical facials part. There were many factors to me changing my course including the clickiness of the other students, the teacher who treated us like children and spoke down to us like we were stupid as well.

So I spoke to the college rather than to just quit I am doing seperate courses in massage, indian head massage and aromotherapy, I am also going to look for a few other courses such as hot stone massage.

I cant afford the equipment to do the electrical route, it seemed that they were teaching us things that were not common in todays beauty industry, we didnt touch on body treatments which i would have been happier with and neither did we look at microdermabrasion or things like that it was faradic and suction. Also I dont have alot of facial clients so didnt see the point in carrying on. I will possibly go and do a full level 3 at some point but the treatments i have decided to train in are level 3 certificates too.

I'm mobile and level 2 with add ons as when doing the course is was part-time while working in the salon which was great but our college would only do level 3 full-time so couldnt do that whilst in salon.

I am looking to go back to college to do swedish body& A&P so that i can do other types of massage(I do Indian head tho). I also did get half way through nails but fell pregnant so the college asked me to leave with refund as didn't have the health & safety aspect set up for my situation!!:mad: On saying that i don't like doing the nails so am happy not to do that.

One thing i would say is to continue with the course. I originally did Hairdressing, Beauty(Level 2 & Body massage!!) all in one course at this college when i was 16(many moons ago):eek:. After 2 years they realised that this wasnt possible so asked us to stay on to finsh assessments and exams...I said no so left with minimal qualification. That is my only regret in life as i wouldnt have to be thinking of going back to do it again :lol:

The NVQ standards are changing from this September....Microdermabraison will now be included in the electrical treatments....look on habia for more info...hth.

Sarah x

I started the level 3 and hated the electrical facials part. There were many factors to me changing my course including the clickiness of the other students, the teacher who treated us like children and spoke down to us like we were stupid as well.

So I spoke to the college rather than to just quit I am doing seperate courses in massage, indian head massage and aromotherapy, I am also going to look for a few other courses such as hot stone massage.

I cant afford the equipment to do the electrical route, it seemed that they were teaching us things that were not common in todays beauty industry, we didnt touch on body treatments which i would have been happier with and neither did we look at microdermabrasion or things like that it was faradic and suction. Also I dont have alot of facial clients so didnt see the point in carrying on. I will possibly go and do a full level 3 at some point but the treatments i have decided to train in are level 3 certificates too.

Cheers for your reply this is exactly my thoughts, facial clients electrical wise not as common.

I think i may well look into to doing seperate courses i things i really want to do.

Thank you so much guys for all your help and support.

much appreciated :)

Latest posts

Back