Mobile phone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Hi everyone just getting a general view.. do you use a separate mobile phone for buisness or just use a personal phone for everything?
I am self employed and when giving out appointment cards/loyalty cards always write my number on the back in case clients need to get in touch.

I have a work phone on an £8 per month contract.

I like to be able to leave my work phone at home on days off and also the peace of mind that I'm not giving out my personal number to strangers.

I got 10 cold calls on the first day of my business being on google - thank god for my work phone!

I also like knowing that when my work phone rings it's a work related call and and I can answer with "hello, Fleur speaking. How can I help?"

girls girls girls... Have I got news for you...

So up until recently I never had a work phone. BUT then... some creepy guy got my number on gumtree and started texting me personal questions seriously! Got so bad that I went to the police about it. Turns out it happened to other girls with the same creep!
Needless to say my work phone number is online now only.

My clients have my personal number and I am regretting it so badly they text at all hours of the day and night, when I'm on holiday even though they know I am! So I would get a personal phone!

I used to have 2 numbers but leaving the house with 2 phones & hunting for which phone & remembering 2 numbers was too much for me so only have 1 phone now put my phone on silent at night & pop it on charge, when with a client its on silent & on holiday i will ignore it & leave it on silent

I work from home with flexible hours and to be honest I couldn't justify having a personal phone line...

The majority of my phone time is work related and nearly all is on WhatsApp or Facebook.

People message me more than they call, they can do so at any hour of the day, I reply when it's convenient and leave my phone on silent.

I work from home with flexible hours and to be honest I couldn't justify having a personal phone line...

The majority of my phone time is work related and nearly all is on WhatsApp or Facebook.

People message me more than they call, they can do so at any hour of the day, I reply when it's convenient and leave my phone on silent.

Do you have clients at your home everyday?

I have separate phones. As JJH93 says, when it's your personal number it's "out there" for anyone and everyone and impossible to switch off from business. Before, I had clients texting on a Sunday night, while I was on holiday and at stupid o'clock in the morning. There was no escape. Not to mention the spam calls and weirdos. Now I have a voicemail which gives my working hours and I switch it off when I've finished for the day.

I find it easier with one, I don't use it that much for personal use so it felt pointless to have two, and I prefer everything (apps, Facebook, calendar etc) on one phone.

I don't really see the different between your 'personal' phone and 'work' phone being out there and advertised in terms of privacy and inappropriate people because they're both still your phones and if the weirdos want to contact you then they'll contact you regardless.

I don't answer calls out of hours and people don't bother ringing late, if they do I just ignore which isn't a problem as my phone is on silent most of the time anyway. People usually message through Facebook rather than text, and I have my 'away' times set on Facebook so that if they contact me at silly o'clock they will receive an automated message. If its a text then I just ignore until I can reply. I have the 'Do not disturb' setting on my phone at nighttime so calls are sent automatically to voicemail and the phone doesn't ring yet you don't have to turn your phone off. You can change the settings so that certain people (such as friends and family members) can call you and not be affected.

There's something you can sign up to online so that you don't get cold calls, can't remember the name but it works. I also spoke to my service provider and don't get many (if any) sales calls. I also know if it's a client ringing because I won't have their number saved, so I know when I need to answer professionally.

I think it's a case of each to their own. It helps that I have an online booking system so if you have one you're less likely to get texts and calls anyway. I'm glad I just have one decent phone as I know I wouldn't like having two as it would be pointless for me.

Do you have clients at your home everyday?
Most days. I don't work Saturdays and Sundays though. I try to give myself one other day off a week as well.

Latest posts

Back