More mobile work than in the salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hi I've been renting a room in a hairdressers for a few months now and i was originally mobile. Thing is im trying to build up a clientelle for the room and im finding im not getting hardly any work from it other than mobile work which has came from existing clients and word of mouth through existing clients. I cant understand because the room is in a good location and it's within a hairdressers. I thought i'd be getting loads of work from the hairdressers but the only work i've really had has been off my own back, through advertising and through word of mouth from my existing clients.
2 weeks ago i was fully booked with work and most of it was mobile so i was hardly in the room at all. I was looking into getting spray tanning in but im finding the kind of clients that you get in the hairdressers are not wanting this service at all as they are an older clientelle so it's usually the little old lady treatments when i do get them but it's few and far between. Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on what i can do?

when i worked in a salon i literally went up to every client asking them if they were like a free sample of either a nail extension or a paraffin wax on the back of the hand so they got introduced to the products and maybe treat themselves to something they wouldnt normally have. I then said they would get 10% off there and then if they booked normally worked!!

2 weeks ago i was fully booked with work and most of it was mobile so i was hardly in the room at all. I was looking into getting spray tanning in but im finding the kind of clients that you get in the hairdressers are not wanting this service at all as they are an older clientelle so it's usually the little old lady treatments when i do get them but it's few and far between. Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on what i can do?

Maybe that's your answer as why you aren't busier. Not necessarily the wrong location but the wrong clientelle. Just a thought...

Yes I think this is ther case. The clientelle in the salon is all wrong for what im doing

I suggest you go back to just being mobile if that was working well before.

Although, I spose what you could do is get all your old clients to come to the salon to keep your transport costs down.

bruc123's post is dead on!

Give people something for free to get them hooked, especially as your old clients might not like having to come to the salon.

You could say something like "I know it's a pain for you to come all the way here, so how about I give you 50% off your next treatment?"

Hope that helps!

Daisy

im offering 10% off, a free file and polish or eyebrow wax with their 1st treatment. I've put this on my leaflets as well. Think i may be in the wrong place perhaps????

Latest posts

Back