Moyou plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh... I just ordered the holiday cheeky plate but I think I need those snowflake and 'Xmas jumper' plates

Would love to see the peacock one in action If anyone has a pic , I've been looking for a way of doing peacock for ages :)

New plates available for pre sale orders tomorrow. Be sure to checkout the Mother Nature plates too. Just Launched! - Image Plates

I'm going to have to get these! My clients love the Christmas sweater look so these are a must! Bye bye bank balance ........

Some of these images look really big though so how do they translate on actual nails? Particularly small or pinkie nails?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some of these images look really big though so how do they translate on actual nails? Particularly small or pinkie nails?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm thinking you must just pic a portion of it that you want, then stamp. I did wonder that too, the designs are yummy though aren't they :D

New plates available for pre sale orders tomorrow. Be sure to checkout the Mother Nature plates too. Just Launched! - Image Plates

Arghhh BO! stop making me spend money! lol.
Those xmas ones are beautiful and really original too.

Would love to see the peacock one in action If anyone has a pic , I've been looking for a way of doing peacock for ages :)

I've ordered the peacock feather one, I'll let you know how it turns out, it's a pre-order so I'll have to wait for it to arrive :(

Attachments

• pro_xl_05.jpg
    pro_xl_05.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Ive got 4 and they have great modern designs, stamp well but they are deep and use a LOT of polish and since I use konad special polish it's more costly so my prices go up when I use moyou in salon. They are so deep I often get bubbles in print so I've used better like konad but they're sizes are tiny and no good for extensions! Dashica plates stamp better xx

I've got my XL plates, I'm not having much luck stamping with them though.

When i put my polish on and scrape, i then roll the stamper over the plate but it seams to push some of the polish out of the pattern (like the poster above said they are quite deep).
So i tried not to press so hard but the polish still smudged, it worked better with my black konad (thats quite thick, but i think air has got to it to thicken it up), but my konad pink and hot pink smudge too.

It's like you need to use a very thick polish.

I've ordered a moyou stamper to see if that makes a difference, fingers crossed because i luv these designs but they are no good if i can't stamp a decent image :(

Should be out Friday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 504

Last edited:
Think I've gotta have that large design plate from the new collection. Only time I've ever thought I could use one of those :)

I use konad polish and a konad stamper with MoYou plates and it's fab...only problems I've had is if the whole design doesn't all go on the stamp properly but I think that's one of the prints as others are perfect x

I've got my XL plates, I'm not having much luck stamping with them though.

When i put my polish on and scrape, i then roll the stamper over the plate but it seams to push some of the polish out of the pattern (like the poster above said they are quite deep).
So i tried not to press so hard but the polish still smudged, it worked better with my black konad (thats quite thick, but i think air has got to it to thicken it up), but my konad pink and hot pink smudge too.

It's like you need to use a very thick polish.

I've ordered a moyou stamper to see if that makes a difference, fingers crossed because i luv these designs but they are no good if i can't stamp a decent image :(

I got my moyou stamper and scraper and it's made a massive difference, the XL designs are stamping well.
I think the konad stamper doesn't work very well on the XL plates.

Right I'm off to buy the Christmas collection :o

any chance of some pic's of the peacock design as promised :wink2:

any chance of some pic's of the peacock design as promised :wink2:

Ahh bless ya, Im still waiting for the plate to arrive, it was one of the pre-sale plates so I've got to wait a bit longer for it. :(

Would these work with shellac?

xProjectPrettyx

Would these work with shellac?

xProjectPrettyx

Yes, any image plate system works with Shellac. I stamp over cured topcoat, so if stamping goes wrong, you can wipe clean and start over. Then seal with another layer of topcoat xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, any image plate system works with Shellac. I stamp over cured topcoat, so if stamping goes wrong, you can wipe clean and start over. Then seal with another layer of topcoat xx

Thanks for the info, now I'm tempted to get some of these. I've tried the konad products but this was a good few years back now. Would be fab with Shellac application.

xProjectPrettyx

Thanks for the info, now I'm tempted to get some of these. I've tried the konad products but this was a good few years back now. Would be fab with Shellac application.

xProjectPrettyx

I love stamping over Shellac! Here's my latest - Rubble with stamping xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383135152.619473.jpg

Latest posts

Back