Multiple sclerosis (sp)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hiya,

Does anyone know if ms can affect L&P nail enhancements?

it wouldn't be the MS which would affect the L&P, it would be the drugs if anything. i have an MS sufferer (very mild and you'd never know) and she okayed her L&P overlays with her consultant - she goes three weeks and has never has a break or any lifting in the 12 months i've done her nails!

my mum has ms, and is on a cocktail of medication, and nothing affects her nails be them natural or enhancements. (her lighting up a fag in the middle of me doin the nails, however did affect them!)

MS is where the mylin (SP) (the insulator around nerves) starts to deterorate so there is nothing protecting the nerves, therefore the nervous systems starts to break down, and the sufferer, can then catch silly little invections, most of us fight off, and it can kill them, it also affects motor skills, and memory, and generally makes the sufferer very lathargic.

Basically if you imagine a piece of electrical flex, if you damage the outer layer (the plastic pit) than you will have a loose connection, so the electrical equipment may stop working, short out, have breaks in being able to work etc. so as such this is what happens if you have ms, every now and then a nerve (like the electrical flex) cant get info from the brain, to say the leg, and then the ms sufferer may have trouble walking, be it just for a little bit or for ever, also if you have an exposed nerve as i said before infections can set in very easily and attack the person, so a simple cold, feels like they are dying, and it will be more like flu, same with the flex, pour a little water (imagine the water being bacteria or a bug) on a complete flex, than it will be fine, pour water on a broken flex, the electrical equipment will blow up!

Luckly, my mum has remision ms, which basically means that as a whole she is ok, she gets ill quickly, and she has days where she may stay in bed as she can not move, but as a whole she is fine. but there are types which basically kill you very slowley.

I know you didnt ask this, but hey, i like to ramble.

As far as i know, and as someone else said her client checked with her consultant, extensions are not affected by ms, it may be affected by the drugs, but it all depends on the drugs, hey , some ms suffers are on the weed! I dont think that affects nails!!! Probley best to ask consultant or doctor, but i shouldnt think it would be a problem.

HTH!

Latest posts

Back