Music

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a silly question and whether I should be worrying about this! I'm a nail technician and haven't qualifies in any other beauty treatments as yet and I will be doing some work from home.

Should I have some sort of music playing in the back ground? If so what sort?

Thanks xxx

You may need a music licence for this have a read, not sure how it stands if your training x
PPL

What just to play a cd?? :)

For nails I'd have the radio on

What just to play a cd?? :)
Yes. If you're playing any copyrighted music to the public you will have to have a licence. So a CD or iPod or the radio... The PRS website states if you work from home and have clients coming in you need one.
Do I need a Music Licence?

Not sure if this is a silly question and whether I should be worrying about this! I'm a nail technician and haven't qualifies in any other beauty treatments as yet and I will be doing some work from home.

Should I have some sort of music playing in the back ground? If so what sort?

Thanks xxx

I tend to leave my Sky music channels on, never thought about a licence... already pay enough for the bloody Sky!!!

I tend to leave my Sky music channels on, never thought about a licence... already pay enough for the bloody Sky!!!

It sounds like its all swings and roundabouts! :s
I would have Thought having a tv license you'd be able to play music through your tv using the music/radio channels in a salon and be fine? x

A TV license covers the use for yourself and your family that are resident at the address. If you are playing those channels to members of the public coming into your home for treatments, you need a music license.

Yes. If you're playing any copyrighted music to the public you will have to have a licence. So a CD or iPod or the radio... The PRS website states if you work from home and have clients coming in you need one.
Do I need a Music Licence?

Yes u need a license. My dad used to work for PRS an said its difficult because most people simply don't know the rules. But yes u need a license. Even to put on the radio. Xx

You would even need a licence if the client plays her own music! You are allowed to play cd's such as whale sounds as there is no copyright on this!

There have been quite a few threads about this
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/161457-whistle-while-you-work-music-licence.html

Forget about the idea that you already pay for a TV licence, or for Sky TV, or that you bought the CD etc. If members of the public are coming on to your premises and they can hear music that you are playing you need the two additional licences unless you are playing tapes/CDs that are royality free.

Latest posts

Back